hpwirelessmgr.exe application error... during boot

sif

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005

Hi, i have the some problem. :(

When i tried to boot my laptop i received the some error, and i can not
boot even in Safe Mode.
Did you resolve the problem? how?
Anyone knows how to resolve this problem?

Thannks

Regards

Sif

Hi,
Even I am facing the same problem after I connected a
Wireless Adapter to the USB port on my HP Pavilion
Notebook. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed on my
laptop.
The Wireless adapter was installed successfully and was
working fine till I restarted the machine. On restart, the
system would not proceed further to Bios with the Adapter
connected to the USB.I have removed the adapter and it
asked me for a safe boot or normal boot for which I
selected normal boot. Then it would get stuck up at the
Windows XP logo for sometime and display an error message
indicating the program 'HPWirelessMgr.exe' has tried
referencing a memory location at 0x00000000. Click OK to
close the program or cancel to debug the program.
I have tried both the options but the login page would not
appear.
Please let me know any solution to this problem.
Thanks

Same problem. Did this get resolved for anyone? Need help!!! won't boot
in safe mode or normal. error message keeps popping up every boot.
"hpwirelessmgr.exe application error"

thanks,
marc

--
marcholland

marcholland wrote:
> *Same problem. Did this get resolved for anyone? Need help!!! won't
> boot in safe mode or normal. error message keeps popping up every
> boot. "hpwirelessmgr.exe application error"
>
> thanks,
> marc *

I have exactly the same problem. Has anyone figured out what to do?

Thanks!

--
coonbri

I contacted HP and they said If I can't get into windows then try to
repair it win the Windows XP disc.

I did that and was able to get into windows.

Then they said to go to Administrative Tools in control panel and then
Services. From there you'll find the HPwirelessmgr.exe and you can
disable it by right clicking and choosing properties.

They also said to download the Notebook Utilities and install them.
This might solve the problem without having to disable the
hpwirelessmgr.exe.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/20458.html

I know this is a nasty bug as I had it a year ago and formated my HD
because of it. I hope this helps people. I haven't tried installing the
notbook Utilities but I have disabled the program and rebooting works
fine when it is disabled. I don't have wireless built in and I don't
have an adapter so I don't know what would happen if I did need to get
wireless.

To contact HP use this email address
laptop_support_en@mail.support.hp.com or go to their website and you
will eventually find a way to email them for help (you'll have to give
them parameters about your computer).