Power Flicker With UPS = computer still going dead NEO2 FI..

I have a NEO2 FIS2R and an APC UPS, but when the power flickers, my computer
still loses power... now heres the sweet thing.

First I changed to a belkin UPS same prob, so I did a little test. I
unplugged the ups, and the computer keeps running fine, with both UPSs
<---sp? NEwayz

So I thought It may be Power Supply, (420W thermaltake), So I bought a new
raidmax case with raidmax 420w... same thing happens... I have decided it
must be the MB??

with either UPS I can unplug from wall, and it still works. But when power
flickers... computer dies. I've already crashed 2 maxtor diamondmax9 SATA
250 gigs on a raid 0 because of this. HELP PLEASE

btw. any other computer plugged into either one of the UPS still works when
power flickers... (it happens a lot out here in the sticks)

thanks in advance for any help

ThaZiPSteR

Are there any OTHER devices connected to the PC by way of data cables
(scanner, printer, etc) which are NOT connected to the battery backup
outlets on the UPS?
I have seen this type symptom before and it was a SCSI scanner connected to
the PC but not powered through the UPS.

PC Medic

"ThaZiPSteR" <thazipster@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I have a NEO2 FIS2R and an APC UPS, but when the power flickers, my
computer
> still loses power... now heres the sweet thing.
>
> First I changed to a belkin UPS same prob, so I did a little test. I
> unplugged the ups, and the computer keeps running fine, with both UPSs
> <---sp? NEwayz
>
> So I thought It may be Power Supply, (420W thermaltake), So I bought a new
> raidmax case with raidmax 420w... same thing happens... I have decided it
> must be the MB??
>
> with either UPS I can unplug from wall, and it still works. But when
power
> flickers... computer dies. I've already crashed 2 maxtor diamondmax9 SATA
> 250 gigs on a raid 0 because of this. HELP PLEASE
>

> btw. any other computer plugged into either one of the UPS still works
when
> power flickers... (it happens a lot out here in the sticks)
>
> thanks in advance for any help
>
> ThaZiPSteR

Now that you mention it, The monitor is 19" so I have it straight to the
wall in an attempt to extned battery life. But I will def give that a
try...

Thanks for the idea,

ThaZiPSteR