K8T Neo-FSR will not boot into Windows XP

Hello,

I just finished swapping out my old Asus P4B266 motherboard for an MSI
K8T Neo-FSR. I plugged all my old components into the motherboard and
started it up. I can get into the BIOS and everything seems to be ok
as it detects all my drives (Seagate 120 GB IDE, Zip-100, Floppy 1.44,
Creative Labs DVD and Plextor DVD burner). However, after exiting the
BIOS, I get the screen that tells me to select how Windows XP should
start (safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, safe mode with
networking, or start normally). This is where my problem is. I
cannot get Windows XP to boot regardless of which option I choose. I
really do not want to have to reformat my drive. If anyone has a
solution or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Current hardware:

K8T Neo-FSR
Athlon 64 2800+
512 MB Crucial PC3200 RAM (non-ECC, unbuffered) CAS=3
120 GB Seagate IDE Hard Drive
(trying to load) Windows XP with SP1
2 answers Last reply
More about boot windows

    You'll have to boot with the Windows XP CD and do a repair install of
    Windows XP. Make sure you have all of the necessary drivers for your third
    party IDE controllers on floppy if required.

    Did you think you could could just swap an Intel platform for an AMD
    platform and expect Windows XP to boot up without doing anything? If it
    were only that easy...

    "nfactorial" <nfactorial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just finished swapping out my old Asus P4B266 motherboard for an MSI
    > K8T Neo-FSR. I plugged all my old components into the motherboard and
    > started it up. I can get into the BIOS and everything seems to be ok
    > as it detects all my drives (Seagate 120 GB IDE, Zip-100, Floppy 1.44,
    > Creative Labs DVD and Plextor DVD burner). However, after exiting the
    > BIOS, I get the screen that tells me to select how Windows XP should
    > start (safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, safe mode with
    > networking, or start normally). This is where my problem is. I
    > cannot get Windows XP to boot regardless of which option I choose. I
    > really do not want to have to reformat my drive. If anyone has a
    > solution or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > Current hardware:
    >
    > K8T Neo-FSR
    > Athlon 64 2800+
    > 512 MB Crucial PC3200 RAM (non-ECC, unbuffered) CAS=3
    > 120 GB Seagate IDE Hard Drive
    > (trying to load) Windows XP with SP1
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Hes STUUUUUUUUUUUPID :)

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:24:46 GMT, "Homer J. Simpson"
    <hjsimpson@springfield.usa> wrote:

    >You'll have to boot with the Windows XP CD and do a repair install of
    >Windows XP. Make sure you have all of the necessary drivers for your third
    >party IDE controllers on floppy if required.
    >
    >Did you think you could could just swap an Intel platform for an AMD
    >platform and expect Windows XP to boot up without doing anything? If it
    >were only that easy...
    >
    >"nfactorial" <nfactorial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just finished swapping out my old Asus P4B266 motherboard for an MSI
    >> K8T Neo-FSR. I plugged all my old components into the motherboard and
    >> started it up. I can get into the BIOS and everything seems to be ok
    >> as it detects all my drives (Seagate 120 GB IDE, Zip-100, Floppy 1.44,
    >> Creative Labs DVD and Plextor DVD burner). However, after exiting the
    >> BIOS, I get the screen that tells me to select how Windows XP should
    >> start (safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, safe mode with
    >> networking, or start normally). This is where my problem is. I
    >> cannot get Windows XP to boot regardless of which option I choose. I
    >> really do not want to have to reformat my drive. If anyone has a
    >> solution or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
    >> advance.
    >>
    >> Current hardware:
    >>
    >> K8T Neo-FSR
    >> Athlon 64 2800+
    >> 512 MB Crucial PC3200 RAM (non-ECC, unbuffered) CAS=3
    >> 120 GB Seagate IDE Hard Drive
    >> (trying to load) Windows XP with SP1

MSI-Microstar Windows XP Motherboards