How to access/use the D: drive?

I have a relatively new (<1 year old) Sony Vaio using Windows XP. It came
new with a C: drive of about 14GB space and a D: drive with about 92GB of
space. Everything that loads either from CD or download from the internet is
placed on the C: drive. Consequently, the C: drive is now almost new (522MB
remaining) and the D: drive still has 92GB of space.

How to I access and/or move files from the C: drive to the D: drive? Can I
just drag and drop, or will that result in mapping issues?

I have tried to download the SP2, and cannot install because of no room left
on the C: drive.

Thank you.

Right click on MY Documents and select properties. Then you
should have an option to move the My Documents folder to D:
.. Also open Outlook/Outlook Express and use
Tools/Options/Maintenance>Store Folder button to move the
email storage to D: Do these for each user account.
You can't easier move programs from C:, but you can move any
data or downloaded file to D:, using either the right click
move menu, right click drag and drop, or even a left click
drag and drop. Use the view menu to show folders. Create
folders in D: to organize your files.

"Micsher" <Micsher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

Micsher wrote:

>I have a relatively new (<1 year old) Sony Vaio using Windows XP. It came
>new with a C: drive of about 14GB space and a D: drive with about 92GB of
>space. Everything that loads either from CD or download from the internet is
>placed on the C: drive. Consequently, the C: drive is now almost new (522MB
>remaining) and the D: drive still has 92GB of space.
>
>How to I access and/or move files from the C: drive to the D: drive? Can I
>just drag and drop, or will that result in mapping issues?

Move My Documents (and similar 'My' folders). Open a My Computer window
on D:, another on
C:\Documents and settings\yourname\
to show My Documents and *right* drag the folder across, taking *Move*
here

Latest posts