How to access/use the D: drive?

I have a relatively new (<1 year old) Sony Vaio using Windows XP. It came
new with a C: drive of about 14GB space and a D: drive with about 92GB of
space. Everything that loads either from CD or download from the internet is
placed on the C: drive. Consequently, the C: drive is now almost new (522MB
remaining) and the D: drive still has 92GB of space.

How to I access and/or move files from the C: drive to the D: drive? Can I
just drag and drop, or will that result in mapping issues?

I have tried to download the SP2, and cannot install because of no room left
on the C: drive.

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about access drive

    Right click on MY Documents and select properties. Then you
    should have an option to move the My Documents folder to D:
    .. Also open Outlook/Outlook Express and use
    Tools/Options/Maintenance>Store Folder button to move the
    email storage to D: Do these for each user account.
    You can't easier move programs from C:, but you can move any
    data or downloaded file to D:, using either the right click
    move menu, right click drag and drop, or even a left click
    drag and drop. Use the view menu to show folders. Create
    folders in D: to organize your files.

    "Micsher" <Micsher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message

    Micsher wrote:

    >I have a relatively new (<1 year old) Sony Vaio using Windows XP. It came
    >new with a C: drive of about 14GB space and a D: drive with about 92GB of
    >space. Everything that loads either from CD or download from the internet is
    >placed on the C: drive. Consequently, the C: drive is now almost new (522MB
    >remaining) and the D: drive still has 92GB of space.
    >
    >How to I access and/or move files from the C: drive to the D: drive? Can I
    >just drag and drop, or will that result in mapping issues?

    Move My Documents (and similar 'My' folders). Open a My Computer window
    on D:, another on
    C:\Documents and settings\yourname\
    to show My Documents and *right* drag the folder across, taking *Move*
    here

Windows XP