KT2 BIOS version

I have kind of an odd request. My KT2 died, taking with it an iTunes
authorization. I've read that the authorization is based on four things:

serial number of the C: drive
Windows product ID
CPU name string
BIOS version

I have the first three. It's the BIOS version I'm not so sure about.
My plan is to set these values temporarily, so that I can deauthorize
the computer.

Would someone with a KT2 Combo-L kindly send me the value of the
following Registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System]
"SystemBiosVersion"=hex(7):

Ideally, export it from regedit, because there may be trailing NULs.

nlarson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Jon Willeke <j.dot.willeke@verizon.dot.net> wrote in message news:<6ZgAc.34102$mz.15755@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> I have kind of an odd request. My KT2 died, taking with it an iTunes
> authorization. I've read that the authorization is based on four things:
>
> serial number of the C: drive
> Windows product ID
> CPU name string
> BIOS version
>
> I have the first three. It's the BIOS version I'm not so sure about.
> My plan is to set these values temporarily, so that I can deauthorize
> the computer.
>
> Would someone with a KT2 Combo-L kindly send me the value of the
> following Registry entry:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System]
> "SystemBiosVersion"=hex(7):
>
> Ideally, export it from regedit, because there may be trailing NULs.

I have a KT2 Combo-L. If you still need the bios version, I wil send it to you.

nlarson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Jon Willeke <j.dot.willeke@verizon.dot.net> wrote in message news:<6ZgAc.34102$mz.15755@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> I have kind of an odd request. My KT2 died, taking with it an iTunes
> authorization. I've read that the authorization is based on four things:
>
> serial number of the C: drive
> Windows product ID
> CPU name string
> BIOS version
>
> I have the first three. It's the BIOS version I'm not so sure about.
> My plan is to set these values temporarily, so that I can deauthorize
> the computer.
>
> Would someone with a KT2 Combo-L kindly send me the value of the
> following Registry entry:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System]
> "SystemBiosVersion"=hex(7):
>
> Ideally, export it from regedit, because there may be trailing NULs.

I have KT2 Combo-L, if you still need the data I will send it you.