Win xp boot freezes

I am definately NOT computer savvy..so patiences is required. OK..I try to
boot in "Last Known" each time it will go to a screen were it appears to try
to boot, then I just get a blank screen. I also tried "Safe Mode" and it
shows a scoll list?? then freezes on that screen. What do I do????

I went thru the same. I did a fresh install and changed the name of the
Window folder to be installed to. I believe this is called a parallel
install. Then I was able to backup my data onto a cd. Next I did another
fresh install and formatted the drive.
I am not a pro and dont know if this is the best way but it worked well for
me.

"Brooke R" wrote:

> I am definately NOT computer savvy..so patiences is required. OK..I try to
> boot in "Last Known" each time it will go to a screen were it appears to try
> to boot, then I just get a blank screen. I also tried "Safe Mode" and it
> shows a scoll list?? then freezes on that screen. What do I do????

sounds like it's time for a fresh install

I'm facing the same problem. I tried creating boot disk it doesnot work. I'm
kind of curious about this 2nd install. Were you able to go back to your old
partition and copy data from there and then reinstall windows xp once again ??

Thanks