CHD files

Do all the chd files in torrent d/l work?
Which should I get?
Where?
11 answers Last reply
More about files

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:17:09 -0800, REN wrote:

    > Do all the chd files in torrent d/l work?

    If they are not corrupt. You can never know without trying

    > Which should I get?

    Those one you want to play or collect.

    > Where?

    From a Torrent server?

    --
    Andreas (using the PAN newsreader for the first (and may be last ;-) time)

    Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:17:09 -0800, REN wrote:
    >

    >>Do all the chd files in torrent d/l work?
    >

    > If they are not corrupt. You can never know without trying
    >

    >>Which should I get?
    >

    > Those one you want to play or collect.
    >

    >>Where?
    >

    > From a Torrent server?

    ......or off of alt.binaries.emulators.mame as "MAME CHD.zip". I would
    recommend using Grabit & QuickPAR. After 27 files has been d/led, open
    QuickPAR, click on the 'open' button in the bottom-left corner, then
    select "MAME CHD.zip.par2". Once it has been checked, you can
    right-click on "MAME CHD.zip" and extract to whereever you want. HTH!

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Hey DeadDad
    I never understood how to get those files, if I open or view them only the
    first one show as a zip file. Everything else is just characters on the
    screen.

    Can you explain how to get them right.

    Thank you

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:17:09 -0800, "REN" <burnaz@#$@hotmail.%$#com>
    wrote:

    >Do all the chd files in torrent d/l work?
    >Which should I get?
    >Where?

    I personally guarantee all the CHDs available from
    www.pleasuredome.org.uk work and are the very latest files available.
    Full instructions are on the site for how to download.

    MisterWhite

    www.pleasuredome.org.uk

    The only drawback is the amount of days to finish that d/l. My computer
    showed 25 days or so(500+hrs)

    REN wrote:
    > The only drawback is the amount of days to finish that d/l. My computer
    > showed 25 days or so(500+hrs)

    What would be handy is a CHD 'torrent of torrents', so, after d/ling it
    and extracting, you would only have to d/l the CHD's that you want.

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    REN wrote:
    > Hey DeadDad
    > I never understood how to get those files, if I open or view them only the
    > first one show as a zip file. Everything else is just characters on the
    > screen.
    >
    > Can you explain how to get them right.
    >
    > Thank you

    1) Install 7zip ( http://www.7zip.org ) and associate with .zip files
    (optional)
    2) Install Grabit
    3) Set it up with your news server
    4) Right-click on the server and do a full update
    5) Subscribe to alt.binaries.emulators.mame
    6) Right-click on a.b.e.m. and do a Full Update
    7) When it finishes, select all 27 files, right-click on them & d/l
    8) When finished, start up QuickPAR
    9) Click on the 'open' button in the bottom-left corner
    10) Open "MAME CHD.zip.par2"
    11) If any files are red, re-d/l them
    12) Right-click on MAME CHD.zip.001 and extract.

    Done!

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    How long does this process take?

    TIA!

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:40:57 GMT, Dead_Dad
    <XXXspamtrap007XXX@XXXyahoo.comXXX> wrote:

    >REN wrote:
    >> The only drawback is the amount of days to finish that d/l. My computer
    >> showed 25 days or so(500+hrs)
    >
    >What would be handy is a CHD 'torrent of torrents', so, after d/ling it
    >and extracting, you would only have to d/l the CHD's that you want.

    That's exactly why we torrent in this method, users can download the
    lot, download just want they want or join with previous CHDs and only
    leech the new.

    MisterWhite

    www.pleasuredome.org.uk

    REN wrote:
    > How long does this process take?
    >
    > TIA!

    That depends on your CPU and internet connection, though, if you did
    what I said right away, this reply is somewhat moot, as you are already
    d/ling your chosen chd's. <G>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    MisterWhite wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:40:57 GMT, Dead_Dad
    > <XXXspamtrap007XXX@XXXyahoo.comXXX> wrote:
    >

    >>REN wrote:
    >>
    >>>The only drawback is the amount of days to finish that d/l. My computer
    >>>showed 25 days or so(500+hrs)
    >>
    >>What would be handy is a CHD 'torrent of torrents', so, after d/ling it
    >>and extracting, you would only have to d/l the CHD's that you want.
    >

    > That's exactly why we torrent in this method, users can download the
    > lot, download just want they want or join with previous CHDs and only
    > leech the new.
    >
    > MisterWhite
    >
    > www.pleasuredome.org.uk

    NOTE TO SELF: Drink coffee and engage brain /before/ hitting 'reply'.

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

Games Torrent Video Games