Installing a Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

brianb

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

Hi I have been attempting to install a bluetooth wireless mouse (MS Wireless
Intellimouse* Explorer for Bluetooth). I have been following the guidelines
IE loasding the sw from CD version 4.9, at the conclusion received a message
that a new version was available so downloaded 5.2. I have connected the
transceiver and the next instructing indicated that I should delect
'Bluetooth devices' from the control panel, there is not option 'Bluetooth
Devices' to select any ideas?
--
brianb

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:31:02 -0800, brianb
<brianb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote :

>Hi I have been attempting to install a bluetooth wireless mouse (MS Wireless
>Intellimouse* Explorer for Bluetooth). I have been following the guidelines
>IE loasding the sw from CD version 4.9, at the conclusion received a message
>that a new version was available so downloaded 5.2. I have connected the
>transceiver and the next instructing indicated that I should delect
>'Bluetooth devices' from the control panel, there is not option 'Bluetooth
>Devices' to select any ideas?

What you should have to do is:
Go to control panel, open up the mouse icon. Select the wireless tab,
half way down, select the connect button after the bluetooth logo.

Or/as well, open up the Bluetooth devices icon in control panel, under
the Devices tab, click the add button. Add the mouse without a
passkey.

If there is no Bluetooth devices in control panel, you probably didn't
install the Bluetooth dongle properly. You have to install the
software BEFORE you connect the dongle. I suggest an uninstall and
reinstall.

--
Regards,
Peter Wilkins

brianb

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

Thanks for the feedback Peter, by following your first recomendation the
mouse is now successfully installed and most importantely working.

Cheers