K8TM Rebootbug Kernel 2.6.X without PS/2 Keyboard

Hello,

My System:
AMD 64 3000+
1GB RAM DDR 400
160 GB HD Samsung
MSI K8TM-ILS

if i use a Linux (Suse, Fedora...) with Kernel 2.6.X, i can't reboot
my PC without PS/2 Keyboard. With Kernel 2.4.2 it works fine.
I use the PC as Server and normaly there is no Keyboard connected. If
i send a reboot over SSH the System frozen by "Rebooting System..."
I can't find the error/bug.

Thanks

Maximilian
2 answers Last reply
More about k8tm rebootbug kernel keyboard

    Cru$ader wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > My System:
    > AMD 64 3000+
    > 1GB RAM DDR 400
    > 160 GB HD Samsung
    > MSI K8TM-ILS
    >
    > if i use a Linux (Suse, Fedora...) with Kernel 2.6.X, i can't reboot
    > my PC without PS/2 Keyboard. With Kernel 2.4.2 it works fine.
    > I use the PC as Server and normaly there is no Keyboard connected. If
    > i send a reboot over SSH the System frozen by "Rebooting System..."
    > I can't find the error/bug.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Maximilian

    Just a stab in the dark, but maybe try a custom compile and see if there are
    any options for disabling PS/2 support. If it's headless, this wont
    matter :) I know there was an option for that in the 2.4 kernels and all
    my headless boxes run with no local TTY/keyboard/mouse support. All
    input/output is on remote/virtual TTY's (COM1 is connected to a modem pool
    for when I REALLY to be "on the box").

    HTH
    James
    --
    "I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

    Centurion <spam_this@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<9fcvq1-s32.ln1@news.grayonline.id.au>...
    > Just a stab in the dark, but maybe try a custom compile and see if there are
    > any options for disabling PS/2 support.

    I try to install without PS/2 hardware. I used a usb-keyboard, but
    suse 9.1 64bit hangs during the installation.

    With KM4M-L i had the same problem. (2600XP+)
    But with older chips MS6378, KM2M it works. Strange?!

    Need Help

MSI-Microstar PS/2 Keyboards Motherboards