K8TM Rebootbug Kernel 2.6.X without PS/2 Keyboard

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2004 11:41:07 AM

Hello,

My System:
AMD 64 3000+
1GB RAM DDR 400
160 GB HD Samsung
MSI K8TM-ILS

if i use a Linux (Suse, Fedora...) with Kernel 2.6.X, i can't reboot
my PC without PS/2 Keyboard. With Kernel 2.4.2 it works fine.
I use the PC as Server and normaly there is no Keyboard connected. If
i send a reboot over SSH the System frozen by "Rebooting System..."
I can't find the error/bug.

Thanks

Maximilian
June 26, 2004 6:59:53 PM

Cru$ader wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My System:
> AMD 64 3000+
> 1GB RAM DDR 400
> 160 GB HD Samsung
> MSI K8TM-ILS
>
> if i use a Linux (Suse, Fedora...) with Kernel 2.6.X, i can't reboot
> my PC without PS/2 Keyboard. With Kernel 2.4.2 it works fine.
> I use the PC as Server and normaly there is no Keyboard connected. If
> i send a reboot over SSH the System frozen by "Rebooting System..."
> I can't find the error/bug.
>
> Thanks
>
> Maximilian

Just a stab in the dark, but maybe try a custom compile and see if there are
any options for disabling PS/2 support. If it's headless, this wont
matter :)  I know there was an option for that in the 2.4 kernels and all
my headless boxes run with no local TTY/keyboard/mouse support. All
input/output is on remote/virtual TTY's (COM1 is connected to a modem pool
for when I REALLY to be "on the box").

HTH
James
--
"I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

Centurion <spam_this@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<9fcvq1-s32.ln1@news.grayonline.id.au>...
> Just a stab in the dark, but maybe try a custom compile and see if there are
> any options for disabling PS/2 support.

I try to install without PS/2 hardware. I used a usb-keyboard, but
suse 9.1 64bit hangs during the installation.

With KM4M-L i had the same problem. (2600XP+)
But with older chips MS6378, KM2M it works. Strange?!

Need Help
!