This is what i get when i try to use my printer , my printer is a
parrell port and i only have two usb ports on the back of my computer.
ps.
A few days ago i got the errow in my tool bar that said( power surge
on hub port the general porpose usb hub has exceede the power limits
with a code of 43) no i am using windows xp-sp2 and i only have two
usb ports on the back of my computer , i also have a 4 port hub ultrs
that is self power , now the problem is that it only happens when i
try to print but my printer is a parrell port and not a usb port i
have un plug everything on the usb ports and when i print i still get
this messege and now it saids that unknow usb port please unplug and
reset to keep this port but there is nothing plug in except my printer
help with this problem please i have seen the same thing on other
sites but no fix thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-CODE-43-ftopict258636.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=800719

what type of printer do you have?

with HP, a code 43 is a networked printer error, some printers a code 43
involves True Type Fonts, niether of these sound like your problem.
was a USB printer ever on your machine?

"user5201" wrote:
> what type of printer do you have?
>
> with HP, a code 43 is a networked printer error, some printers
> a code 43
> involves True Type Fonts, niether of these sound like your
> problem.
> was a USB printer ever on your machine?

no i never had a usb printer, my printer is a hp photosmart p 1100
deskjet i do not know what is going on with this errow some times it
does it with the usb plug in i wisk that i could find an answer for
this because it made my computer go blue screen one time and said that
windows was shutting down to not cause a problem then it rebooted and
so far it has not done it again if you can help please let me know
thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-CODE-43-ftopict258636.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=800968

ok, as I am baffled how your printer and USB hub are connected with this
problem, and I hate being baffled.......

I did a little searching and found this: "device manager error codes"

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that
the device failed in some manner. For more information about how to diagnose
the problem, see the hardware documentation.
On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the
troubleshooting wizard.

tell me about the system itself? make and model?

also, are your USB ports part of the MOBO or on a PCI card?

"user5201" wrote:
> also, are your USB ports part of the MOBO or on a PCI card?

My usb ports are pci card , my printer is working find it is a hp
-p1100 photosmart deskjet.
Every thing is working find but i get this reeow and i am kind of
worried that i will get the blue screen again so i try to take care by
clicking on the errow messeng that is with the errow.
i am baffle also , i read some where that is you go into the divice
mannger that you can go to the usb hub part and unstall all the
drivers and then reboot and that windows XP will renstall then for you
and fix the problem for some times you might have two drivers on the
same one and that might be causeing the problem , so i might try it i
have tried every thing else if you have any ideal please let me know
thanks alot

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-CODE-43-ftopict258636.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=802132

ok well being that the USB is on a card and you say your getting power surge
errors to the USB. i would replace the USB card.

TRENDING THREADS