Cannot flash BIOS of K7D Master

I have downloaed the latest bios from the MSI website for my K7D Master, but when I try to flash it, it hangs when it's about to start flashing. Following the instructions and booting from a floppy, it comes up with the name of the data file to flash from, but at the botttom it is asking for me to enter the filename! No keys do anything. The Bios remains at the old version, but I have Athlon 2800+ CPUs and I think I need the new BIOS to run these correctly?

I also tried running the flash program with no parameters, which then allowed me to enter the filename, and even let me save the oldbios to the floppy, but again it hung just as it started to flash.

Liveupdate finds no bios or drivers, even when I tell it to search for ALL (not just newer) versions!

What is going on???

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

How are new girl friends like a fresh roll of toilet paper?
Sometimes it's kind of hard to get the first piece, but after that you can rip one off anytime.

pak

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

i have the same problem with nvidia driver, I remain in v°5663 and v°6121
won't install

pak

"Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
opr98vi8s7aiowgp@blue...
> I have downloaed the latest bios from the MSI website for my K7D Master,
but when I try to flash it, it hangs when it's about to start flashing.
Following the instructions and booting from a floppy, it comes up with the
name of the data file to flash from, but at the botttom it is asking for me
to enter the filename! No keys do anything. The Bios remains at the old
version, but I have Athlon 2800+ CPUs and I think I need the new BIOS to run
these correctly?

> I also tried running the flash program with no parameters, which then
allowed me to enter the filename, and even let me save the oldbios to the
floppy, but again it hung just as it started to flash.

> Liveupdate finds no bios or drivers, even when I tell it to search for ALL
(not just newer) versions!

> What is going on???
>

> --
> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
> Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of
watercooled Raid.

> How are new girl friends like a fresh roll of toilet paper?
> Sometimes it's kind of hard to get the first piece, but after that you can
rip one off anytime.

jay

Peter,

> I have downloaed the latest bios from the MSI website for my K7D Master, but when I try to flash it, it hangs when it's about to start flashing. Following the instructions and booting from a floppy, it comes up with the name of the data file to flash from, but at the botttom it is asking for me to enter the filename! No keys do anything. The Bios remains at the old version, but I have Athlon 2800+ CPUs and I think I need the new BIOS to run these correctly?

Try to download "WinFlash" from the Net somewhere. Also, try checking
www.2cpu.com, someone in the forums there posted it.

Use that under Windows to flash update your BIOS; I tried the DOS
program once on my MSI and it ended up messing up the BIOS, MSI had to
send me a replacement.

WinFlash seems to work...

Regards,
Jay.

"Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have downloaed the latest bios from the MSI website for my K7D Master,
but when I try to flash it, it hangs when it's about to start flashing.
Following the instructions and booting from a floppy, it comes up with the
name of the data file to flash from, but at the botttom it is asking for me
to enter the filename! No keys do anything. The Bios remains at the old
version, but I have Athlon 2800+ CPUs and I think I need the new BIOS to run
these correctly?

USB Keyboard? You'll have to enable it in BIOS & even then you can't
always count on USB keyboards working in DOS mode. This has absolutely
nothing to do with your CPU. The program won't start until you give it the
filename.