Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Some applications are ignoring the printing preferences I set at the time I
print. It seems to want to use whatever print preferences are in effect at
the time I load the offending application. This only happens with my new
Win XP computer and never happened with Win 98. Anybody have any ideas
about a fix?

TIA
Randy

Randy wrote:
> Some applications are ignoring the printing preferences I set at the
> time I print. It seems to want to use whatever print preferences are
> in effect at the time I load the offending application. This only
> happens with my new Win XP computer and never happened with Win 98.
> Anybody have any ideas about a fix?
>
> TIA
> Randy

I have i850 either connected directly or networked via ethernet print
server on three XP and on Win98. The i850 works as it should on all of
these using the standard CD installation. FWIW.

Randy wrote:

> Some applications are ignoring the printing preferences I set at the time I
> print. It seems to want to use whatever print preferences are in effect at
> the time I load the offending application. This only happens with my new
> Win XP computer and never happened with Win 98. Anybody have any ideas
> about a fix?
>
> TIA
> Randy

Use something like the Page Setup to change the print settings, then close that
dialog and go back to it to see if the settings have been reset.

It's possible you don't have the permissions to change the printer settings, so
they don't get saved before you hit print.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

What I do is add another printer(Canon I850 copy 2) and change my
preferences to what I want.
I rename it Hi Res or Photo
I have three printers and only 1 physical printer.
Very easy to do.
Let me know if you need help.

"BenOne©" <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
> Randy wrote:
>
>> Some applications are ignoring the printing preferences I set at the time
>> print. It seems to want to use whatever print preferences are in effect
>> at
>> the time I load the offending application. This only happens with my new
>> Win XP computer and never happened with Win 98. Anybody have any ideas
>> about a fix?
>>
>> TIA
>> Randy
>>

> Use something like the Page Setup to change the print settings, then close
> that dialog and go back to it to see if the settings have been reset.
>
> It's possible you don't have the permissions to change the printer
> settings, so they don't get saved before you hit print.
>
> --
> Ben Thomas
> Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
> relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither
> given nor endorsed by it.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Thanks for the great ideas, especiallyBenOne

2 of the offending applications are Calendar Creator (page setup doesn't
allow you to access the printer preferences) and Zinio's Digital Mag reader.

Also, finally heard from Canon - they suggest accessing print preferences
from within the control panel. In other words, they don't have a fix

Randy