K7N2 Delta-L USB 2.0 unknown device

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 29, 2004 12:08:08 AM

I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able to
get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia drivers.
Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device manager as
unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then loaded KB822603
patch which still does not work. I have tried uninstalling the drivers
and reinstalling to no avail.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2004 11:54:39 PM

"Miles" <unknown@unlistedspam.com> wrote in message
> I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able to
> get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia drivers.
> Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device manager as
> unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then loaded KB822603
> patch which still does not work. I have tried uninstalling the drivers
> and reinstalling to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?

Miles,
You could try going into safe mode and removing the Unknown and
USB devices, forcing windows to re-detect them. Note, can cause you problems
if you are using a USB keyboard or mouse.
See this article from a very useful site -
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager...

Dave
June 30, 2004 1:41:39 AM

logized wrote:

> Miles,
> You could try going into safe mode and removing the Unknown and
> USB devices, forcing windows to re-detect them. Note, can cause you problems
> if you are using a USB keyboard or mouse.
> See this article from a very useful site -
> http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager...

I think I found the problem. On my Sonata case when I plug the front
panel USB cable into my motherboard, XP detects 4 unknown devices. I
have no devices plug into the front panel. I believe the cable is
miswired or mismarked.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 28, 2004 8:28:33 PM

Miles wrote:
> I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able
> to get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia
> drivers. Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device
> manager as unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then
> loaded KB822603 patch which still does not work. I have tried
> uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?

I have just setup one of these boards for a customer with an Athlon 3200
in it.
I used the original driver cd to intall the usb support, it worked a
treat.

MaX

---