K7N2 Delta-L USB 2.0 unknown device

I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able to
get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia drivers.
Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device manager as
unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then loaded KB822603
patch which still does not work. I have tried uninstalling the drivers
and reinstalling to no avail.

Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about k7n2 delta unknown device

    "Miles" <unknown@unlistedspam.com> wrote in message
    > I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able to
    > get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia drivers.
    > Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device manager as
    > unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then loaded KB822603
    > patch which still does not work. I have tried uninstalling the drivers
    > and reinstalling to no avail.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Miles,
    You could try going into safe mode and removing the Unknown and
    USB devices, forcing windows to re-detect them. Note, can cause you problems
    if you are using a USB keyboard or mouse.
    See this article from a very useful site -
    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager%20Safe%20Mode.htm

    Dave
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    logized wrote:

    > Miles,
    > You could try going into safe mode and removing the Unknown and
    > USB devices, forcing windows to re-detect them. Note, can cause you problems
    > if you are using a USB keyboard or mouse.
    > See this article from a very useful site -
    > http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager%20Safe%20Mode.htm

    I think I found the problem. On my Sonata case when I plug the front
    panel USB cable into my motherboard, XP detects 4 unknown devices. I
    have no devices plug into the front panel. I believe the cable is
    miswired or mismarked.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Miles wrote:
    > I have had this problem with several motherboards but am usually able
    > to get it working. I install XP, then install SP1, then Nvidia
    > drivers. Everything works except that USB 2.0 ports show up in device
    > manager as unknown devices. USB 2. is enabled in the bios. I then
    > loaded KB822603 patch which still does not work. I have tried
    > uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling to no avail.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I have just setup one of these boards for a customer with an Athlon 3200
    in it.
    I used the original driver cd to intall the usb support, it worked a
    treat.

    MaX

    ---

MSI-Microstar USB Devices Motherboards