No temperature / fan readings with a K7t Turbo2/2400+

Hello everyone,

my problem: no temperature or fan readings available.

I have put a MSI K7t Turbo2 (6330 Rev. 5.0) board together with an AMD 2400+
(Thoroughbred, AXDA) into the computer last weekend. BIOS ist last public
release (3.6). Fan is Arctic Copper Silent 2-TC (Rev 2).

Now, everything works fine, but I do not get temperature nor fan readings
shown in the BIOS (nor anywhere else), the numbers are just 0 (°C resp.
rpm) in the BIOS or silly numbers under Linux or Win XP. Voltage numbers
show up just fine.

Anyone who has seen this problem, who knows the cause or even a fix?

Regards,
Bastien

--
-- The universe has its own cure for stupidity. --
-- Unfortunately, it doesn't always apply it. --

I have the same motherboard/bios and processor but all the readings are
there, in bios PC Health Status, Vcool or Motherboard Monitor.

Maybe the hardware monitoring mechanism on the motherboard is (partly)
defective.