Games good with flightstick?

I just picked up a used Saitek X45 throttle-and-stick set for Flight
Simulator 2004 and LOMAC. I thought it would be neat to use for a few arcade
games, and I vaguely remember somebody posting about this someplace but I
can't recall exactly where. Normally I use a Saitek P880 dual-thumbstick pad
for MAME, ZSNES, MagicEngine, AGES etc.

Anyway, I immediately thought of Space Harrier and After Burner (II), both of
which used a flightstick or trigger-stick control. Whaddya know, works pretty
slick! I wondered what other MAME (or other emulated) games would be cool -
and possibly more authentic - with the X45?

Gorf?
Tron?
Discs of Tron?
Robo-tron? :-) (using one of two thumbed 8-way hat switches, sheeesh)
M.A.C.H. 3?

Please post ideas!
4 answers Last reply
More about games good flightstick

    Hung N thought about it a bit, then said...
    > I just picked up a used Saitek X45 throttle-and-stick set for Flight
    > Simulator 2004 and LOMAC. I thought it would be neat to use for a few arcade
    > games, and I vaguely remember somebody posting about this someplace but I
    > can't recall exactly where. Normally I use a Saitek P880 dual-thumbstick pad
    > for MAME, ZSNES, MagicEngine, AGES etc.
    >
    > Anyway, I immediately thought of Space Harrier and After Burner (II), both of
    > which used a flightstick or trigger-stick control. Whaddya know, works pretty
    > slick! I wondered what other MAME (or other emulated) games would be cool -
    > and possibly more authentic - with the X45?
    >
    > Gorf?
    > Tron?
    > Discs of Tron?
    > Robo-tron? :-) (using one of two thumbed 8-way hat switches, sheeesh)
    > M.A.C.H. 3?
    >
    > Please post ideas!

    Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back might be good with a flight stick.

    --
    Kevin Steele
    RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

    Satan's hollow
    zaxxon
    mad planets
    xenophobe

    There is more but thats all i can think of right now

    dave

    "dave borkowski" <spam@drindustries.com> wrote in

    > Satan's hollow
    > zaxxon
    > mad planets
    > xenophobe
    >
    > There is more but thats all i can think of right now

    Thanks for your suggestions! I had no idea about Satan's Hollow using a
    flight-type stick until now... a visit to KLOV confirmed it with a shot of a
    red stick! Coolness.

    So far, then, here are some collected ideas according to either original
    control hardware or gameplay:

    After Burner (II)
    Bega's Battle (LD)
    Exerion
    Gorf
    M.A.C.H. 3 (LD)
    Mad Planets
    Robotron
    Satan's Hollow
    Sinistar
    Space Harrier
    Star Wars; Empire Strikes Back (vector)
    Tron; Discs of Tron
    Xenophobe
    Zaxxon; Super Zaxxon

    * Hung N Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > Tron; Discs of Tron

    This one requires a special spinner, a normal one will not work
    correctly with this game. I dont remember exactly but I think Mad
    Planets requires something special also, perhaps it was just a trigger
    that I am remembering as using a spinner, a flightstick and a separate
    fire button would be impossible in this game.

    --
    David

Games Saitek Video Games