Games good with flightstick?

I just picked up a used Saitek X45 throttle-and-stick set for Flight
Simulator 2004 and LOMAC. I thought it would be neat to use for a few arcade
games, and I vaguely remember somebody posting about this someplace but I
can't recall exactly where. Normally I use a Saitek P880 dual-thumbstick pad
for MAME, ZSNES, MagicEngine, AGES etc.

Anyway, I immediately thought of Space Harrier and After Burner (II), both of
which used a flightstick or trigger-stick control. Whaddya know, works pretty
slick! I wondered what other MAME (or other emulated) games would be cool -
and possibly more authentic - with the X45?

Gorf?
Tron?
Discs of Tron?
Robo-tron? :) (using one of two thumbed 8-way hat switches, sheeesh)
M.A.C.H. 3?

Please post ideas!

Hung N thought about it a bit, then said...
> I just picked up a used Saitek X45 throttle-and-stick set for Flight
> Simulator 2004 and LOMAC. I thought it would be neat to use for a few arcade
> games, and I vaguely remember somebody posting about this someplace but I
> can't recall exactly where. Normally I use a Saitek P880 dual-thumbstick pad
> for MAME, ZSNES, MagicEngine, AGES etc.
>
> Anyway, I immediately thought of Space Harrier and After Burner (II), both of
> which used a flightstick or trigger-stick control. Whaddya know, works pretty
> slick! I wondered what other MAME (or other emulated) games would be cool -
> and possibly more authentic - with the X45?
>
> Gorf?
> Tron?
> Discs of Tron?
> Robo-tron? :) (using one of two thumbed 8-way hat switches, sheeesh)
> M.A.C.H. 3?
>
> Please post ideas!

Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back might be good with a flight stick.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Satan's hollow
zaxxon
mad planets
xenophobe

There is more but thats all i can think of right now

dave

"dave borkowski" <spam@drindustries.com> wrote in

> Satan's hollow
> zaxxon
> mad planets
> xenophobe
>
> There is more but thats all i can think of right now

Thanks for your suggestions! I had no idea about Satan's Hollow using a
flight-type stick until now... a visit to KLOV confirmed it with a shot of a
red stick! Coolness.

So far, then, here are some collected ideas according to either original
control hardware or gameplay:

After Burner (II)
Bega's Battle (LD)
Exerion
Gorf
M.A.C.H. 3 (LD)
Mad Planets
Robotron
Satan's Hollow
Sinistar
Space Harrier
Star Wars; Empire Strikes Back (vector)
Tron; Discs of Tron
Xenophobe
Zaxxon; Super Zaxxon

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Hung N Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> Tron; Discs of Tron

This one requires a special spinner, a normal one will not work
correctly with this game. I dont remember exactly but I think Mad
Planets requires something special also, perhaps it was just a trigger
that I am remembering as using a spinner, a flightstick and a separate
fire button would be impossible in this game.

--
David

TRENDING THREADS