K7T266 Pro2 RU - MS 6380 V2 - System freezes

Tags:
  • MSI-Microstar
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2004 3:36:25 AM

Hi everybody,
use the above-mentioned MSI motherboard, Athlon XP 1800, 512 MB RAM and W2K.
Problem is that after a short period, or even during boot up the system
(after logging in) the machine frezzes and I have to reboot (then I get
usually a BIOS/system notice that there is something wrong with the mouse
connected - which is not. F1 and the machine continues to the next crash).
If FSB is reduced to 100 Hz Problem still occures, however not so often.
What I did until now was changing the CPU Cooler without success, change of
the system case to a Thermaltake Xaser but nothing helped. BIOS values are
all set at standard, incl. RAM.
Is there anything left I can change, such as voltage to get the system
stable?
Thanks, Iris

More about : k7t266 pro2 6380 system freezes

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2004 10:19:41 AM

Are you using 1 stick of 512MB PC-133 or better or are you using a matched
pair of 256MB PC-133 SDRAM?

This board is very sensitive when using more than 1 stick of SDRAM. It is
usually very unstable when using 2 sticks of SDRAM that are not matched
(from same manufacturer and same production run).

What is your SDRAM 1T Command set to in the Advanced Chipset Features in the
BIOS Menu? If it's enabled, set it to disabled. This one setting, if set
incorrectly, has the most dramatic effect on the stability of this board.

Have you run a memory testing utility, like Memtest86+, to determine if your
memory is stable?

"Iris Meurers" <iris.meurers@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
> use the above-mentioned MSI motherboard, Athlon XP 1800, 512 MB RAM and
W2K.
> Problem is that after a short period, or even during boot up the system
> (after logging in) the machine frezzes and I have to reboot (then I get
> usually a BIOS/system notice that there is something wrong with the mouse
> connected - which is not. F1 and the machine continues to the next crash).
> If FSB is reduced to 100 Hz Problem still occures, however not so often.
> What I did until now was changing the CPU Cooler without success, change
of
> the system case to a Thermaltake Xaser but nothing helped. BIOS values are
> all set at standard, incl. RAM.
> Is there anything left I can change, such as voltage to get the system
> stable?
> Thanks, Iris

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2004 9:41:21 PM

I had a similar problem with Windows XP.
Try setting 'AGP Fast Write' to 'Disabled'

PaulG

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:36:25 +0200, "Iris Meurers"

!