Removing downloaded updates

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I allowed my PC to download SP2, thinking that I might install it later after
I pondered the possibilities. I have no security problems with my PC and had
heard nothing good about SP2. I decided not to install it. However, now I
am constantly reminded that there are updates downloaded and awaiting their
installation. Is there any way to get rid of the SP2 that is downloaded and
awaiting installation?
Thanks in advance.
Kris

Kris, take note of the majority, not the minority! PROVIDED you read (and
act on) the instructions you should have no probs with SP2 installation.
Plus - an increasing number of new updates will not install without SP2 in
place.first. Eventually (as with SP1 before) it will be essential to have
it, to keep up-to-date. Millions have updated without problem.

Further proof - OEM pc's are sold with XP/SP2 pre-installed. Do you
seriously believe that OEM's would do that if SP2 results in constant system
problems(cost of warranty callouts)?

I rest my case. Sincerely, Len.

"Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I allowed my PC to download SP2, thinking that I might install it later
>after
> I pondered the possibilities. I have no security problems with my PC and
> had
> heard nothing good about SP2. I decided not to install it. However, now
> am constantly reminded that there are updates downloaded and awaiting
> their
> installation. Is there any way to get rid of the SP2 that is downloaded
> and
> awaiting installation?
> Thanks in advance.
> Kris

Not only that, if you do block SP2 from installing (with Microsoft's
utilities), please note that Microsoft will remove the blocker and SP2 will
have to be installed, for support reason. Just like when recently Microsoft
has remove support for XP (without SP1).

"yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message
> Kris, take note of the majority, not the minority! PROVIDED you read (and
> act on) the instructions you should have no probs with SP2 installation.
> Plus - an increasing number of new updates will not install without SP2 in
> place.first. Eventually (as with SP1 before) it will be essential to have
> it, to keep up-to-date. Millions have updated without problem.
>
> Further proof - OEM pc's are sold with XP/SP2 pre-installed. Do you
> seriously believe that OEM's would do that if SP2 results in constant
> system problems(cost of warranty callouts)?
>
> I rest my case. Sincerely, Len.
>
> "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I allowed my PC to download SP2, thinking that I might install it later
>>after
>> I pondered the possibilities. I have no security problems with my PC and
>> had
>> heard nothing good about SP2. I decided not to install it. However, now
>> am constantly reminded that there are updates downloaded and awaiting
>> their
>> installation. Is there any way to get rid of the SP2 that is downloaded
>> and
>> awaiting installation?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Kris

my clients as with myself, love the added options of SP2.

don't let a few users with config problems stop you, remember that the only
people posting are the ones with grief....... there are millions more you
never hear about.