Inappropriate Microsoft Online Crash Analysis alert/warnin..

Tags:
  • Crash
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 1, 2005 5:46:31 PM

I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.

We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
message:

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
website
(http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-...
be69b4a&SID=1150)

However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.

Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?

Sincerely,

Les Figg

Director of Customer Satisfaction

Alacritech, Inc.

234 E. Gish Rd, 1st Floor,

San Jose, CA. 95112

Direct Phone: (408)487-5729

Cell Phone: (408)802-5517

Email: lfigg@alacritech.com

Web: www.alacritech.com

"Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

More about : inappropriate microsoft online crash analysis alert warnin

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:52:36 PM

This is a a peer to peer newsgroup! Microsoft does not normally monitor the
newsgroup for these type of reports. You better contact Microsoft directly.

"Les Figg" <lfigg@alacritech.com> wrote in message
news:o 4lOZ$KCFHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.
>
> We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
> message:
>
> Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
> website
> (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-...
> be69b4a&SID=1150)
>
> However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
> PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.
>
> Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Les Figg
>
> Director of Customer Satisfaction
>
> Alacritech, Inc.
>
> 234 E. Gish Rd, 1st Floor,
>
> San Jose, CA. 95112
>
> Direct Phone: (408)487-5729
>
> Cell Phone: (408)802-5517
>
> Email: lfigg@alacritech.com
>
> Web: www.alacritech.com
>
> "Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:59:26 AM

noticed it states this on your website:

If you are here because the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer told you
that you "need to update to Alacritech driver R6_3_0_5.ZIP", well, you
don't. Call Microsoft support and tell them their tool is broken.

is this the reason that the laptop users are calling you?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 2, 2005 1:59:27 AM

No. I just found out today from another MS newsgroup, that Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer is not the cause of the problem, and was directed
to this newsgroup (by a M.S. person)

"EasyFeelings" wrote:

> noticed it states this on your website:
>
> If you are here because the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer told you
> that you "need to update to Alacritech driver R6_3_0_5.ZIP", well, you
> don't. Call Microsoft support and tell them their tool is broken.
>
> is this the reason that the laptop users are calling you?

February 2, 2005 5:49:02 PM

Thanks to those who responed.

Microsoft has promptly identified and resolved the issue.

Les.

!