hello,

Till now my windows XP is working fine. Suddenly, getting error message
"This file is not alowed in dos mode(cmd.exe)
cannot access autoexec.nt " with cancel and ignore buttons.

Even if u click cancel or ignore, its still displaying. What could be the
problem?

I restarted, shutdown and checked, the same message.

thanx in advance

Rajani <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Till now my windows XP is working fine. Suddenly, getting error message
>"This file is not alowed in dos mode(cmd.exe)
>cannot access autoexec.nt " with cancel and ignore buttons.

When do you get this error message?
"How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560)
"Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based Programs in Windows"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314106)

--
(tm)