MSI K8T Far 2 heatsink/fan mods

Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement heatsinks/fans or just
fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
and i would like some fans that are much quieter.

TIA

NoneOfBusiness wrote:
> Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement heatsinks/fans or just
> fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
> and i would like some fans that are much quieter.
>
> TIA

Tia:
This might take a little research but, the got all the reviews too

http://www.frostytech.com/index.cfm

my 2¢

db.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:52:04 GMT, "db." <db823@go.com> wrote:

>NoneOfBusiness wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement heatsinks/fans or just
>> fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
>> and i would like some fans that are much quieter.
>>
>> TIA
>
>Tia:
> This might take a little research but, the got all the reviews too
>
>http://www.frostytech.com/index.cfm
>

>my 2¢
>
>db.
thanks but still nothing. i guess i will keep looking

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:51:46 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
<NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement heatsinks/fans or just
>fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
>and i would like some fans that are much quieter.

Why don't you enable the fan quieting option in the Bios. I have set
it to 60c and the fan's spin down to a very quiet level within
minutes.

I am using dual opterons 240's OCed to 1533mhz with Prime95 running on
both and the CPU's never go above 60c with the fans spinning slowly
(quiet).

The only problem I have is that MBM5 won't run with the bios fan speed
setting enabled, however the quiet fans are more important for me.

Steve

On 12 Jul 2004 07:45:04 -0500, Steve <Somewhere@overtherainbow> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:51:46 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
><NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement heatsinks/fans or just
>>fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
>>and i would like some fans that are much quieter.
>>

>Why don't you enable the fan quieting option in the Bios. I have set
>it to 60c and the fan's spin down to a very quiet level within
>minutes.
>
>I am using dual opterons 240's OCed to 1533mhz with Prime95 running on
>both and the CPU's never go above 60c with the fans spinning slowly
>(quiet).
>
>The only problem I have is that MBM5 won't run with the bios fan speed
>setting enabled, however the quiet fans are more important for me.
>
>Steve

I would rather have a quieter system without having to do that and
have my cpu temps be higher. Right now they are around 38C and 45-46C
under heavy load.

Can anyone recommend any replacement fans that will fit on these
heatsinks? The sinks are ok but a replacement fan would do the trick
nicely since it doesn't look like i can replace the sinks.