master2 far only supports 333MHz for opteron?

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8T_Master2_FAR&class=mb
> suggests that they only support 333MHz for Opteron, and 400MHz for
> Athlon64 MX. That doesn't make sense to me- why would a motherboard be
> able to support 400MHz with only some processors, when either
> processor independently can support 400MHz?

They didn't say it wouldn't work, just that they don't support it.
Companies generally support only what they have tested and verified. If
they haven't tested it, they'd be fools to tell the public that it's
supported. It might be "obvious" to you that it should work, but I can tell
you that I've spent a long career in product testing with a large world-wide
corporation proving that what "obviously" works - doesn't, sometimes.

There may well be other issues, I don't know. But the above is a frequenty
occurrance.
ww