frustration over VIA 4in1 drivers

hey all! I am having a helluva time installing the VIA 4in1 drivers
for my system. It is an 850mhz Duron, and an MSI model# ms-6378 ver.
1.0 motherboard. I've had success with the 4.43 version before. The
system was installing anything and everything in pretty good fashion,
but when i just tried to install the 4.43 drivers, and subsequently
install a software program, the computer hung up. It hung up also
when trying other versions of the VIA drivers. I don't know why they
released so many of the damn things! Well I've tried 4.35, 4.43, and
4.51 so far, and for some reason i cannot install this software. I've
had it successfully install on another hard drive, but this one i have
currently in the system is a brand new 80gig Western Digital. Are
there any other drivers i should be installing that i don't know
about, or are the 4in1 drivers the only ones that should do the trick?
WHICH 4in1 drivers should i use? is it different with EVERY
motherboard, or just certain motherboards? Mine is the KLE133
chipset. I am getting a new system very soon, but in the meantime,
wanted to get more space so i got the new WD drive.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rick
snafu1@yahoo.com

>The
>system was installing anything and everything in pretty good fashion,
>but when i just tried to install the 4.43 drivers,

Format the drive first?

And the chipset drivers need to be installed first before
"anything and everything".

Then the video drivers...then directX...
then "anything and everything"

Use MSI live update 3...works for me.

..

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)

wrenchski@aol.comspleen (Ski) wrote in message news:<20040718074149.04711.00000013@mb-m21.aol.com>...
> >The
> >system was installing anything and everything in pretty good fashion,
> >but when i just tried to install the 4.43 drivers,
>
> Format the drive first?
>
> And the chipset drivers need to be installed first before
> "anything and everything".
>
> Then the video drivers...then directX...
> then "anything and everything"
>
> Use MSI live update 3...works for me.
>
> .
>

> Ski
> "The only way to find out how far is too far...
> is to go there"
> (remove spleen to e-mail)

Thanks for the info. Where can i find MSI live update 3?

thanks!

Rick
snafu1@yahoo.com

>Thanks for the info. Where can i find MSI live update 3?

on the disc that came with the motherboard?
or the MSI website?

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)

well, that one bit the dust. There are no BIOS upgrades for my
system, and the update didn't do much at all. I am still getting
lock-ups. I am wondering if there is a physical defect with this
motherboard. I don't know much about the windoze registry and how it
relates to the win.ini or system.ini files. There must be a file that
is not on my drive that should be, or a file that shouldn't be on
there, and it's causing problems. That's the only thing i could think
of.

thanks for the help. These problems may be a hint to get that new
system that i'm buying sooner than later, because this thing is so
bloody unstable.