WinXP Prof with dual Xeon HT

I've a new machine with dual Xeon HT enabled and WinXP Prof.

As shown in the Matherboard BIOS during hardware bootup, I see 2 physical
CPUs, which can show 4 logical CPUs.

However, under the WinXP Prof - Task Manager - Performance tag, I can see
only 1 CPU Usage chart!

Does it mean that there is something wrong with my WinXP Prof configuration?
How many CPU Usage charts I should see with the dual Xeon HT enabled? Would
some experts pls. help.

Task Manager >>View>>CPU History>>One Graph per CPU

"Anthony TSANG from Hong Kong" <Anthony TSANG from Hong
Kong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've a new machine with dual Xeon HT enabled and WinXP Prof.
>
> As shown in the Matherboard BIOS during hardware bootup, I see 2 physical
> CPUs, which can show 4 logical CPUs.
>
> However, under the WinXP Prof - Task Manager - Performance tag, I can see
> only 1 CPU Usage chart!
>
> Does it mean that there is something wrong with my WinXP Prof
configuration?
> How many CPU Usage charts I should see with the dual Xeon HT enabled?
Would
> some experts pls. help.

Is HT enabled in the BIOS?

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Task Manager >>View>>CPU History>>One Graph per CPU
>
> "Anthony TSANG from Hong Kong" <Anthony TSANG from Hong
> Kong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've a new machine with dual Xeon HT enabled and WinXP Prof.
>>
>> As shown in the Matherboard BIOS during hardware bootup, I see 2 physical
>> CPUs, which can show 4 logical CPUs.
>>
>> However, under the WinXP Prof - Task Manager - Performance tag, I can see
>> only 1 CPU Usage chart!
>>
>> Does it mean that there is something wrong with my WinXP Prof
> configuration?
>> How many CPU Usage charts I should see with the dual Xeon HT enabled?
> Would
>> some experts pls. help.

As "V Green" stated, if "One Graph, All CPUs" is selected, you'll only see
one, if "One Graph, Per CPU" is selected, then 4 will be seen with 2 CPU's
with HT and XP Pro.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Anthony TSANG from Hong Kong" <Anthony TSANG from Hong
Kong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've a new machine with dual Xeon HT enabled and WinXP Prof.
>
> As shown in the Matherboard BIOS during hardware bootup, I see 2 physical
> CPUs, which can show 4 logical CPUs.
>
> However, under the WinXP Prof - Task Manager - Performance tag, I can see
> only 1 CPU Usage chart!
>
> Does it mean that there is something wrong with my WinXP Prof
configuration?
> How many CPU Usage charts I should see with the dual Xeon HT enabled?
Would
> some experts pls. help.

The HT in the motherboard BIOS has been enabled. There is only 1 graph shown
in the CPU Usage History chart. I can't see any selectable setting for 4
CPUs in a chart. It seems that the 3 CPUs are missing in the WinXP.
However, the BIOS can show 4 logical CPUs during hardware bootup.

"Anthony TSANG from Hong Kong" wrote:

> I've a new machine with dual Xeon HT enabled and WinXP Prof.
>
> As shown in the Matherboard BIOS during hardware bootup, I see 2 physical
> CPUs, which can show 4 logical CPUs.
>
> However, under the WinXP Prof - Task Manager - Performance tag, I can see
> only 1 CPU Usage chart!
>
> Does it mean that there is something wrong with my WinXP Prof configuration?
> How many CPU Usage charts I should see with the dual Xeon HT enabled? Would
> some experts pls. help.

I believe this was posted before:

Task manager > Performance > View > CPU History > One graph all CPU, One
graph per CPU.

There will be only one CPU Usage graph, to the right of that, depending on
the setting, The CPU usage history will show the history for the processors.

Maybe it a bit confusing; there's a screen shot here:

http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/p4_306/2.shtml

Anyway, are you running any applications that show processors installed on
the splash screen when you start the program? For example, Adobe Premiere.

Also in System properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Processors, you
should see four processors installed if everything is all set.