K8T Neo FIS2R: mouse light remains on after switch off

Hi folks,

I have a K8T Neo FIS2R (version 1.0) motherboard, initially with version
1.4 BIOS. After flashing to the latest 1.7, my optical mouse light stays
on after I switch off. If I pull the power plug, it goes out of course,
but it doesn't come back on when I plug it back in.

It is not a problem, but is certainly weird. Does anyone else get this?

--
Mike Austin

I'm having the same problem with my K8T Neo FIS2R motherboard. Look at your
mouse and check to see if you have a serial to usb adapter attached to the
mouse. That what I had and i took it off and now everything is fine.

In message <JTwMc.1750$qT3.98@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, Brian Obenhaus
<bobenhaus@verizon.net> writes
>I'm having the same problem with my K8T Neo FIS2R motherboard. Look at your
>mouse and check to see if you have a serial to usb adapter attached to the
>mouse. That what I had and i took it off and now everything is fine.
>
>"Mike Austin" <mike@lamrim.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have a K8T Neo FIS2R (version 1.0) motherboard, initially with version
>> 1.4 BIOS. After flashing to the latest 1.7, my optical mouse light stays
>> on after I switch off. If I pull the power plug, it goes out of course,
>> but it doesn't come back on when I plug it back in.
>>
>> It is not a problem, but is certainly weird. Does anyone else get this?
>>
>> --
>> Mike Austin

Thanks for the reply. I have a PS2/USB adapter. As I want to use the
mouse in DOS (DriveImage etc.) I would normally leave this as it is.

MSI tell me that the light remains on because of the WakeUp facility,
but I have switched this completely off in Bios.

--
Metta
Mike Austin