MSI K7T266 Pro2/AMD install OS issues

I just got the K7T266 Pro2 MB and I have an AMD Duron 1.3 which
according to the list is supported but for some reason trying to load
windows xp or w2k from the cd it will hang in mid setup. I've checked
memory, cleared CMOS, everything seems to be working fine but yet I
can't install the OS. I've searched all over about this board with
AMD chips and there does seem to be others with this issue but no
solutions posted that I can find. Has anybody come across this and/or
how to you get it to work?

Hi there!

> Has anybody come across this and/or how to you get it to work?

Try to disable onboard peripherals (lpt,com,usb, etc.) in bios which you
do not need during install. After successfull installation, simply
re-activate
these components

This worked for me with another MSI...

Best regards,