MSI K7T266 Pro2/AMD chip OS install stalls

Just thought I posted this but it's not there :/

I just got this MSI board and have an AMD Duron 1.3 and according to
the msi site this chip is supported, however, I cant seem to get the
os to load using either a winxp or w2k cd. I've been searching
through the net about this and there does seem to be some sort of flaw
when installing but I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere
but people are getting it installed somehow. Can anyone shed any
light on this for me? I dont know what else to try.

I've got 1gb PC2100 RAM and everything else is being recognized. The
BIOS does recognize the amd chip at the correct speed.

Hi there!

> Has anybody come across this and/or how to you get it to work?

Try to disable onboard peripherals (lpt,com,usb, etc.) in bios which you
do not need during install. After successfull installation, simply
re-activate
these components

This worked for me with another MSI...

Best regards,