Wireless keyboard issues

I have a Wireless Natural keyboard and Intellimouse Explorer 2.0, which have
been working fine. Then, all of a sudden, the keyboard is dead, but the
mouse still works fine. It doesn't matter if the keyboard PS/2 connection is
plugged in or not. A wired PS/2 keyboard works fine. I exchanged everything
for new, and the new keyboard still doesn't work, so it seems like it is
something in the settings, though I have not changed any settings. Keyboard
under Control panel shows a strong signal and full battery, but nothing
typed on the keyboard shows up. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gordon

"Gordon Price" <gordon(thorn)@albedoconsulting.com> wrote:

>I have a Wireless Natural keyboard and Intellimouse Explorer 2.0, which have
>been working fine. Then, all of a sudden, the keyboard is dead, but the
>mouse still works fine. It doesn't matter if the keyboard PS/2 connection is
>plugged in or not. A wired PS/2 keyboard works fine. I exchanged everything
>for new, and the new keyboard still doesn't work, so it seems like it is
>something in the settings, though I have not changed any settings. Keyboard
>under Control panel shows a strong signal and full battery, but nothing
>typed on the keyboard shows up. Any thoughts?

If you do not get further help from here, post this to
As far as I know you canb force the keyboard to re-sync with the IR
reciever. Put out the batteries and re-insert them.

--
(tm)

On the bottom of the keyboard, near the battery compartment, there's a
"connect" button. Press it - it will change radio channel and resume
communication with the receiver.

hth, LEN

"yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message
> On the bottom of the keyboard, near the battery compartment, there's a
> "connect" button. Press it - it will change radio channel and resume
> communication with the receiver.

No such luck. Also, when I press the button on the receiver, it starts to
cycle thru the three settings, A, 1 & F. When I press the button on the
bottom of the mouse, the receiver stops cycling, but when I press the button
on the keyboard, the receiver continues cycling. This happened with both the
old keyboard and receiver, and the new ones.

Any thoughts? Is it worth reinstalling the keyboard drivers, or is this not
a software problem?

Thanks,
Gordon

If you can't get the k/b to communicate, having changed batteries, channels
AND keyboard, only thing I can think of is that you are using the wrong PS2
port for the controller. This is speculation (I don't have Intellimouse,
mine's Logitech). Logitech radio controller has 1 x USB,1 x PS2 lead - the
PS2 lead MUST go into the "mouse" PS2 port, not the k/b port right alongside
it, on my set-up. Just a thought - it's easy to plug into the wrong one ...
If that's not it, on yr prob description, I'm stumped. If it workrd "before"
and you've made no settings changes, it's unlikely to be a "driver" issue
(esp. as you say it's OK and working in Control Panel ( assume you've
chercked Device Manager?).
Sorry, Len..
"Gordon Price" <gordon(thorn)@albedoconsulting.com> wrote in message

> "yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message
>> On the bottom of the keyboard, near the battery compartment, there's a
>> "connect" button. Press it - it will change radio channel and resume
>> communication with the receiver.
>
> No such luck. Also, when I press the button on the receiver, it starts to
> cycle thru the three settings, A, 1 & F. When I press the button on the
> bottom of the mouse, the receiver stops cycling, but when I press the
> button on the keyboard, the receiver continues cycling. This happened with
> both the old keyboard and receiver, and the new ones.
>
> Any thoughts? Is it worth reinstalling the keyboard drivers, or is this
> not a software problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Gordon

Had the same problem with the PC not pciking up the keyboard unles I
restarted at the XP login screen.

Solution for success, after trolling through many, many newsgroups:

* Changed the BIOS settings for the PS/2, I think to the mouse always being
there?
* Changed the BIOS settings for Plug and Play to "Bios Always Check" (?)

I'm a novice and not exactly sure of the wording in BIOS of what the changes
were, however changed them both and hey presto, PC now picks up the keyboard
on turning on. Not going back in there in fear of stuffing it up!

Matt from Oz