Configure a bluetooth connection to laptop internet connec..

July 14, 2004 2:46:50 AM

How do I get my iPaq h2215 to use my Belkin USB/Bluetooth adapter to use
my Internet connection? I've tried the wizards but I still can not
access the Internet.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 2:47:00 PM

You simply shere your PC internet connection (LAN? modem?) to your bluetooth
adapter.
In the bluetooth adapter TCP/IP settings you enter 192.168.0.1 (or
192.168.1.1 - depends on your other local network settings - must differ [if
any other local network is present]) and subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Then
make sure you have LAN Access Profile activated in bluetooth settings on
your PC.

Then take the PDA connect with LAN Access Profile to your PC, pair devices
and you will be able to surf the net. If it won't work try entering IP adres
in your PDA's bluetooth device settings it should have a number higher by
one from the bluetooth dongle settings on PC (for example 192.168.0.2 or
192.168.1.2). And also a subnet mask equal to the PC's one - 255.255.255.0

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

Two ways:

1. Configure the computer Bluetooth and ActiveSync so that ActiveSync will
use the Bluetooth Local Serial Service for its serial connection. Then the
ActiveSync passthrough will let you in the Internet at the moment you are
connected to Activesync.

2. If you want to connect via Bluetooth LAN, you need to enable ICS
(Internet Connection Sharing) in your computer so that the Bluetooth
Connection is the home network.

In general, I would tell you to read the Bluetooth guides at
www.geekzone.co.nz since they can help you a lot.

For Internet Sharing: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1421

For Activesync: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1423

--