MSI K8T Master2-Far and 1.35 Beta BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 3, 2004 1:59:04 AM

Does anyone know what this BIOS update addresses? I am having a
problem with stability on my VIA 8237 SATA raid controller and MSI
referred me to 'TEST' this. I am not in the habit of testing beta
products on a production workstation that is critical to my
livelihood. Does anyone know if this BIOS specifically addresses
anything related to this controller? MSI won't say.
September 24, 2004 9:31:17 PM

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:59:04 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
<NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know what this BIOS update addresses? I am having a
>problem with stability on my VIA 8237 SATA raid controller and MSI
>referred me to 'TEST' this. I am not in the habit of testing beta
>products on a production workstation that is critical to my
>livelihood. Does anyone know if this BIOS specifically addresses
>anything related to this controller? MSI won't say.

The only change specified is that is allows the Opteron 250.

However would avoid this bios until it's not beta.

Problems I have with 1.35 beta bios are:

Using ATA drives the Harddrive activity light stays always on.
System constantly reboots in Windows XP Pro SP2.

I am using dual Opteron 240's.

Steve
!