MSI K8T Master2-Far and 1.35 Beta BIOS

Does anyone know what this BIOS update addresses? I am having a
problem with stability on my VIA 8237 SATA raid controller and MSI
referred me to 'TEST' this. I am not in the habit of testing beta
products on a production workstation that is critical to my
livelihood. Does anyone know if this BIOS specifically addresses
anything related to this controller? MSI won't say.
1 answer Last reply
More about master2 beta bios

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:59:04 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
    <NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what this BIOS update addresses? I am having a
    >problem with stability on my VIA 8237 SATA raid controller and MSI
    >referred me to 'TEST' this. I am not in the habit of testing beta
    >products on a production workstation that is critical to my
    >livelihood. Does anyone know if this BIOS specifically addresses
    >anything related to this controller? MSI won't say.

    The only change specified is that is allows the Opteron 250.

    However would avoid this bios until it's not beta.

    Problems I have with 1.35 beta bios are:

    Using ATA drives the Harddrive activity light stays always on.
    System constantly reboots in Windows XP Pro SP2.

    I am using dual Opteron 240's.

    Steve

MSI-Microstar BIOS Controller Motherboards