KT7 266Pro2 and X800

Replaced a Radeon 8500 with an X800Pro, and the machine will not POST. Gives
a number of beeps.

I'm hoping it's the PSU rather than a bad card.

I have a 300watt FSP300-60BT(PF), and my current spec is:

Athlon XP 1800
512Mb DDR266
2x 80mm Case Fans
3x 7200rpm HDDs
1x CDRW
1x DVD-ROM
4xPCI cards

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
--
Derek

Did you forget to plug in a power supply cable to the video card? The
X800Pro requires its own power connection.

Derek Baker wrote:
> Replaced a Radeon 8500 with an X800Pro, and the machine will not
> POST. Gives a number of beeps.
>
> I'm hoping it's the PSU rather than a bad card.
>
> I have a 300watt FSP300-60BT(PF), and my current spec is:
>
> Athlon XP 1800
> 512Mb DDR266
> 2x 80mm Case Fans
> 3x 7200rpm HDDs
> 1x CDRW
> 1x DVD-ROM
> 4xPCI cards
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Thanks in advance

Make that a K7T 266-Pro2. :)

--
Derek

milesh wrote:
> Did you forget to plug in a power supply cable to the video card? The
> X800Pro requires its own power connection.
>
> Derek Baker wrote:
>
>> Replaced a Radeon 8500 with an X800Pro, and the machine will not
>> POST. Gives a number of beeps.
>>
>> I'm hoping it's the PSU rather than a bad card.
>>
>> I have a 300watt FSP300-60BT(PF), and my current spec is:
>>
>> Athlon XP 1800
>> 512Mb DDR266
>> 2x 80mm Case Fans
>> 3x 7200rpm HDDs
>> 1x CDRW
>> 1x DVD-ROM
>> 4xPCI cards
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

>> Thanks in advance

Nope.

I'm going to get an Antec True Power 550; was planning a PSU upgrade, even
if the X800 had worked.

--
Derek

TRENDING THREADS