Help! Can't drag files or folders

For some reason my comp wont let me drag any files or folders. I tried the
support feature for XP but no help. Does anyone know why I can't drag
anything. I cant even drag my desktop icons to move them. It's irritating.
Please Help Someone.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:8C5FDA99-AD38-4AAE-803F-B950F0B77489@microsoft.com,
doscal <doscal@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> For some reason my comp wont let me drag any files or folders. I
> tried the support feature for XP but no help. Does anyone know why I
> can't drag anything. I cant even drag my desktop icons to move them.
> It's irritating. Please Help Someone.

Could you take a look here:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?pid=779&fid=5242

That might be the answer you're looking for. If it doesn't work than let us
know and we'll see what we're able to do to help you further.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

mark

If you click on Start, Settings, Taskbar and start Menu, then click the
Start Menu tab, then the Customize button. Click Advanced tab, scroll down
and ensure 'Enable Dragging and Dropping ' is checked.

If you are using the Classic Start Menu, click the customize button, scroll
down and make sure 'Enable Dragging and Dropping' is checked.
mark

doscal wrote:

>For some reason my comp wont let me drag any files or folders. I tried the
>support feature for XP but no help. Does anyone know why I can't drag
>anything.

Go to Start and right click it, take Properties, click Customise. On
the Advanced page, in the panel, check 'Enable dragging and dropping'
and OK, click Apply then OK at the outer level