System will not load up bios. D-bracket state is "initiali..

Hi guys,
I put together a new system tonight, and now I can't get anywhere with it.
It's an Athlon 3000+ with a Neo platinum Nforce3 board.

I had the system all hooked up in the case, but as soon as I hit the power,
the d-bracket jumped to the "initialize keyboard controller" state. Right
now, I've got the system on my desk with only the 20-pin power connector +
the 4-pin 12V connector going into the mobo, along with the d-bracket. I'm
still getting the same thing. Would replacing the keyboard solve this
problem? It does it even when the keyboard isn't connected :/

I really hope it isn't some broken hardware... But if it is, can I rule out
the processor being fried, since I can make it to the init keyboard state?
This is driving me nuts! I want to try doom out... Any help would be VERY
MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys,
4 answers Last reply
More about system load bios bracket state initiali

    Oh, and also, I'm trying to boot this thing up without ram. The sticks are
    arriving in the mail tomorrow, so I'm trying to have the system all ready
    for that time. Could this possibly be the cause of the problem?

    "mee" <ask@n.rcv> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    > I put together a new system tonight, and now I can't get anywhere with it.
    > It's an Athlon 3000+ with a Neo platinum Nforce3 board.
    >
    > I had the system all hooked up in the case, but as soon as I hit the
    power,
    > the d-bracket jumped to the "initialize keyboard controller" state. Right
    > now, I've got the system on my desk with only the 20-pin power connector +
    > the 4-pin 12V connector going into the mobo, along with the d-bracket. I'm
    > still getting the same thing. Would replacing the keyboard solve this
    > problem? It does it even when the keyboard isn't connected :/
    >
    > I really hope it isn't some broken hardware... But if it is, can I rule
    out
    > the processor being fried, since I can make it to the init keyboard state?
    > This is driving me nuts! I want to try doom out... Any help would be VERY
    > MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys,

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    mee wrote:

    > Oh, and also, I'm trying to boot this thing up without ram. The sticks are
    > arriving in the mail tomorrow, so I'm trying to have the system all ready
    > for that time. Could this possibly be the cause of the problem?

    I do believe that if you look at that little book that came with the
    motherboard... the manual, it says that the system will not boot without
    RAM. At least that is what my manual syas.

    jamess
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "mee" <ask@n.rcv> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hi guys,
    > I put together a new system tonight, and now I can't get anywhere with it.
    > It's an Athlon 3000+ with a Neo platinum Nforce3 board.
    >
    > I had the system all hooked up in the case, but as soon as I hit the
    power,
    > the d-bracket jumped to the "initialize keyboard controller" state. Right
    > now, I've got the system on my desk with only the 20-pin power connector +
    > the 4-pin 12V connector going into the mobo, along with the d-bracket. I'm
    > still getting the same thing. Would replacing the keyboard solve this
    > problem? It does it even when the keyboard isn't connected :/

    Sounds familiar (except the part with the D-bracket, my board was not a MSI
    one).

    Check that the mobo backplate (don't know if this is the right term, I mean
    the metal plate surrounding the mobo connectors like KB, mouse, serials
    etc.) does not earth the KB connector. I once had a defect (bended metal
    strips) backplate, with which my newly built machine would not boot. As my
    last desperate try, I removed the backplate and tried once more before
    thrashing the mobo. Lo and behold, it booted and no problems after that.
    After thorough inspections I came into conclusion that the metal strips gave
    earth to somewhere it was not supposed thus causing strange behaviour.

    --
    gt
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:54:57 -0400, "mee" <ask@n.rcv> wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >I put together a new system tonight, and now I can't get anywhere with it.
    >It's an Athlon 3000+ with a Neo platinum Nforce3 board.
    >
    >I had the system all hooked up in the case, but as soon as I hit the power,
    >the d-bracket jumped to the "initialize keyboard controller" state. Right
    >now, I've got the system on my desk with only the 20-pin power connector +
    >the 4-pin 12V connector going into the mobo, along with the d-bracket. I'm
    >still getting the same thing. Would replacing the keyboard solve this
    >problem? It does it even when the keyboard isn't connected :/
    >
    >I really hope it isn't some broken hardware... But if it is, can I rule out
    >the processor being fried, since I can make it to the init keyboard state?
    >This is driving me nuts! I want to try doom out... Any help would be VERY
    >MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys,

    No RAM= No Boot....

MSI-Microstar Keyboards Motherboards