Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse on Dell Laptop

System:
Dell x300
On Docking Station
Windows XP
Logitech MX (or is it LX) 700 Desktop Duo
Connected on USB (though I am trying the ps2 port too)

Problem:
It seems the drivers are colliding. After logging in, the key board and
mouse start to delay their commands--mouse overs, typing, etc-anywhere from a
second to several seconds. It's as if the the buffer is saving up key
strokes then dumps them out.

There is a HID driver, a PS 2 keyboard and mouse driver and SMS virtual
keyboard driver. (I think I got all that right!).
I have tried uninstalling them, but to no avail, either the wireless
keyboard doesn't work or the PS 2 driver re installs itself automatically.

Any thoughts?
2 answers Last reply
More about logitech wireless keyboard mouse dell laptop

    Check the batteries.

    "Steve Yasko" <Steve Yasko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > System:
    > Dell x300
    > On Docking Station
    > Windows XP
    > Logitech MX (or is it LX) 700 Desktop Duo
    > Connected on USB (though I am trying the ps2 port too)
    >
    > Problem:
    > It seems the drivers are colliding. After logging in, the key board and
    > mouse start to delay their commands--mouse overs, typing, etc-anywhere
    > from a
    > second to several seconds. It's as if the the buffer is saving up key
    > strokes then dumps them out.
    >
    > There is a HID driver, a PS 2 keyboard and mouse driver and SMS virtual
    > keyboard driver. (I think I got all that right!).
    > I have tried uninstalling them, but to no avail, either the wireless
    > keyboard doesn't work or the PS 2 driver re installs itself
    > automatically.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    Of course. brand new

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Check the batteries.
    >
    > "Steve Yasko" <Steve Yasko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > System:
    > > Dell x300
    > > On Docking Station
    > > Windows XP
    > > Logitech MX (or is it LX) 700 Desktop Duo
    > > Connected on USB (though I am trying the ps2 port too)
    > >
    > > Problem:
    > > It seems the drivers are colliding. After logging in, the key board and
    > > mouse start to delay their commands--mouse overs, typing, etc-anywhere
    > > from a
    > > second to several seconds. It's as if the the buffer is saving up key
    > > strokes then dumps them out.
    > >
    > > There is a HID driver, a PS 2 keyboard and mouse driver and SMS virtual
    > > keyboard driver. (I think I got all that right!).
    > > I have tried uninstalling them, but to no avail, either the wireless
    > > keyboard doesn't work or the PS 2 driver re installs itself
    > > automatically.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts?

Mice Keyboards Windows XP