Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse on Dell Laptop

February 5, 2005 8:39:01 PM

System:
Dell x300
On Docking Station
Windows XP
Logitech MX (or is it LX) 700 Desktop Duo
Connected on USB (though I am trying the ps2 port too)

Problem:
It seems the drivers are colliding. After logging in, the key board and
mouse start to delay their commands--mouse overs, typing, etc-anywhere from a
second to several seconds. It's as if the the buffer is saving up key
strokes then dumps them out.

There is a HID driver, a PS 2 keyboard and mouse driver and SMS virtual
keyboard driver. (I think I got all that right!).
I have tried uninstalling them, but to no avail, either the wireless
keyboard doesn't work or the PS 2 driver re installs itself automatically.

Any thoughts?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 6:01:39 PM

Check the batteries.

"Steve Yasko" <Steve Yasko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> System:
> Dell x300
> On Docking Station
> Windows XP
> Logitech MX (or is it LX) 700 Desktop Duo
> Connected on USB (though I am trying the ps2 port too)
>
> Problem:
> It seems the drivers are colliding. After logging in, the key board and
> mouse start to delay their commands--mouse overs, typing, etc-anywhere
> from a
> second to several seconds. It's as if the the buffer is saving up key
> strokes then dumps them out.
>
> There is a HID driver, a PS 2 keyboard and mouse driver and SMS virtual
> keyboard driver. (I think I got all that right!).
> I have tried uninstalling them, but to no avail, either the wireless
> keyboard doesn't work or the PS 2 driver re installs itself
> automatically.
>
> Any thoughts?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 6:33:01 PM