Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Speaker Buzz When Mouse Is Moved

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
February 5, 2005 11:55:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello. I have a problem. When I move my mouse, or drag windows around my
screen, or do almost any other computer task, my speakers buzz. If I dont
move the mouse, they dont buzz. I have this problem with onboard sound as
well as with a soundcard.
I have tried all these things to try to fix this annowing problem:
1. Reinstall drivers
2. Disable onboard sound
3. Switch PCI slots
4. Make sure that mouse cable does not touch speaker cables.
5. Switch USB ports that mouse is plugged in to.
6. Tried using a PS/2 mouse, no good.
7. Updated chipset drivers
8. Mute all unneeded inputs
I've tried so many things that I'm probably forgeting a few. If you have
any idea of how to solve this, please help. Thanks
February 6, 2005 1:23:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

There is no sound associated with mouse movent. (The sound seems to be some
sort of electronic interference.)
The onboard sound ship I have (not currently using) is SoundMAX Digital Audio
I am using a Soundblaster Audigy 2
I have a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Cpu.
I am using a Logitech optical USB mouse, Windows XP Professional. I am
currently using the windows supplied drivers for the mouse.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Vanguard" wrote:
> Check your sound events to make sure there isn't one defined for mouse
> movement. It might be a feedback click defined as a sound event to let
> you know the mouse got moved.
>
> If you installed brand-specific drivers or software for the mouse (which
> you did not mention its brand and model) then uninstall them and reboot
> to use just the Windows-supplied standard PS/2 mouse driver and check if
> you still get the noise. If you didn't install 3rd party mouse drivers
> or software, delete the mouse in Device Manager and reboot to have it
> reinstall the standard PS/2 driver to check if the noise is still there.
February 6, 2005 1:29:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks, but I've tried all this.
I am using an optical Logitech USB mouse
Soundblaster Audigy 2
XP Pro(SP2)
P4 3.2ghz
Any help would be greatly appreciated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Thomas" <onlybadbrainsATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:D 3452F02-825F-4B72-A323-BD0265319AC3@microsoft.com...
> > Hello. I have a problem. When I move my mouse, or drag windows around
> > my
> > screen, or do almost any other computer task, my speakers buzz. If I
> > dont
> > move the mouse, they dont buzz. I have this problem with onboard sound
> > as
> > well as with a soundcard.
> > I have tried all these things to try to fix this annowing problem:
> > 1. Reinstall drivers
> > 2. Disable onboard sound
> > 3. Switch PCI slots
> > 4. Make sure that mouse cable does not touch speaker cables.
> > 5. Switch USB ports that mouse is plugged in to.
> > 6. Tried using a PS/2 mouse, no good.
> > 7. Updated chipset drivers
> > 8. Mute all unneeded inputs
> > I've tried so many things that I'm probably forgeting a few. If you
> > have
> > any idea of how to solve this, please help. Thanks
>
>
> Check your sound events to make sure there isn't one defined for mouse
> movement. It might be a feedback click defined as a sound event to let
> you know the mouse got moved.
>
> If you installed brand-specific drivers or software for the mouse (which
> you did not mention its brand and model) then uninstall them and reboot
> to use just the Windows-supplied standard PS/2 mouse driver and check if
> you still get the noise. If you didn't install 3rd party mouse drivers
> or software, delete the mouse in Device Manager and reboot to have it
> reinstall the standard PS/2 driver to check if the noise is still there.
>
> --
> ____________________________________________________________
> Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
> E-mail reply: Remove "NIXTHIS" and add "#VS811" to Subject.
> ____________________________________________________________
>
>
February 6, 2005 1:41:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks a lot. I have finally solved this problem. It seems that there was
interference coming from the DVI cable connected to my moniter. I moved the
speaker cable away from this DVI cable and guess what? Problem solved. Thanks
for the input Vanguard!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Thomas" <onlybadbrainsATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:59558760-3E0E-420F-A411-2A67D5979A16@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks, but I've tried all this.
> > I am using an optical Logitech USB mouse
> > Soundblaster Audigy 2
> > XP Pro(SP2)
> > P4 3.2ghz
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> > "Vanguard" wrote:
> >
> >> "Thomas" <onlybadbrainsATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> >> news:D 3452F02-825F-4B72-A323-BD0265319AC3@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hello. I have a problem. When I move my mouse, or drag windows
> >> > around
> >> > my
> >> > screen, or do almost any other computer task, my speakers buzz. If
> >> > I
> >> > dont
> >> > move the mouse, they dont buzz. I have this problem with onboard
> >> > sound
> >> > as
> >> > well as with a soundcard.
> >> > I have tried all these things to try to fix this annowing problem:
> >> > 1. Reinstall drivers
> >> > 2. Disable onboard sound
> >> > 3. Switch PCI slots
> >> > 4. Make sure that mouse cable does not touch speaker cables.
> >> > 5. Switch USB ports that mouse is plugged in to.
> >> > 6. Tried using a PS/2 mouse, no good.
> >> > 7. Updated chipset drivers
> >> > 8. Mute all unneeded inputs
> >> > I've tried so many things that I'm probably forgeting a few. If
> >> > you
> >> > have
> >> > any idea of how to solve this, please help. Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >> Check your sound events to make sure there isn't one defined for
> >> mouse
> >> movement. It might be a feedback click defined as a sound event to
> >> let
> >> you know the mouse got moved.
> >>
> >> If you installed brand-specific drivers or software for the mouse
> >> (which
> >> you did not mention its brand and model) then uninstall them and
> >> reboot
> >> to use just the Windows-supplied standard PS/2 mouse driver and check
> >> if
> >> you still get the noise. If you didn't install 3rd party mouse
> >> drivers
> >> or software, delete the mouse in Device Manager and reboot to have it
> >> reinstall the standard PS/2 driver to check if the noise is still
> >> there.
>
> Sounds like you are using a corded mouse. Have you tried separating the
> mouse cord and the monitor as far apart as possible (and also moving the
> system case away from the monitor so the mouse connection on the back if
> furthest away from the monitor)?
>
> Do you have any brick transformers nearby either inline with the power
> cord (as often seen in printer or speaker power cords) or at the end of
> power cords but in a power strip close by the mouse cord?
>
> Have you tried moving the speakers away from the mouse cord?
>
> I believe the Soundblaster has a What-U-Hear input that will let you
> record whatever gets played out through the speakers. If you use that
> pseudo-input and turn on recording using the Sound Recorder utility, can
> you hear the noise when you play back the recording?
>
> --
> ____________________________________________________________
> Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
> E-mail reply: Remove "NIXTHIS" and add "#VS811" to Subject.
> ____________________________________________________________
>
>
!