DVD-RW & DVD-ROM Drive aren't detected!!!

February 6, 2005 3:51:02 AM

I have just formatted due to some errors with my chipset drivers. But now
after reinstalling Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, I wanted to
install some games from a CD but the none of the drives aren't detected. The
drives that i use are a K Hypermedia DVD Burner 8x and a Pioneer DVD-ROM
drive. I have reformatted many times before but now Windows are not detecting
anything exept my "A" drive. Oh yeah both of the drives are on the secondary
IDE slot. Please HELP me!!! Thanks! :)
February 6, 2005 6:41:02 AM

If this is the same proceedure that you have performed many times before then
you should get the same result: yes?

So tell us what additional steps you followed on this occasion, or what
additional software has been installed since you last did this proceedure.

"DiscoInferno" wrote:

> I have just formatted due to some errors with my chipset drivers. But now
> after reinstalling Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, I wanted to
> install some games from a CD but the none of the drives aren't detected. The
> drives that i use are a K Hypermedia DVD Burner 8x and a Pioneer DVD-ROM
> drive. I have reformatted many times before but now Windows are not detecting
> anything exept my "A" drive. Oh yeah both of the drives are on the secondary
> IDE slot. Please HELP me!!! Thanks! :)
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 6:00:18 PM

Install the chipset drivers for you motherboard. This should install the
correct IDE drivers for your motherboard and the secondary IDE slot should
be active, if they are active in the BIOS.

"DiscoInferno" <DiscoInferno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just formatted due to some errors with my chipset drivers. But now
> after reinstalling Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, I wanted to
> install some games from a CD but the none of the drives aren't detected.
> The
> drives that i use are a K Hypermedia DVD Burner 8x and a Pioneer DVD-ROM
> drive. I have reformatted many times before but now Windows are not
> detecting
> anything exept my "A" drive. Oh yeah both of the drives are on the
> secondary
> IDE slot. Please HELP me!!! Thanks! :)
February 7, 2005 12:44:56 AM

This isn't limited to your device, my USB mass storage device is
encountering identical problems. Device manager says it is working
properly, won't upgrade drive, etc. I am going to continue searching
since answers are often all about syntax, but I will anxiously await a

--
hmmm
!