Asus A7N8X-VM versus MSI K7N2 Delta-L + Geforce4MX400

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2004 7:48:44 PM

Hi

I would like to upgrade my pc (game one) to allow playing doom3.
I have MSI KT3 ultra2 + XP1600+ + 512 DDR + Geforce2MX400 64MB
Doom3 doesn't go well on this system :-(

for a budget price

I think of going on a AMD XP2600 (keep my 512 MB DDR 2700 and perhaps add
another 512MB/2700 to be compatible)
change MB and Graphic;
I hesitate between :

Asus A7N8X-VM which has a Geforce4MX400 on board (but I think take somme
memory from the main memory ?) 85 ?
and a couple of
MSI K7N2 Delta-L + Geforce4MX400

is there a difference (the price is a little bit lower in the first case...)

and what about the
MSI KT880 Delta-FSR ?? 85 ?

I just need, on the MB, sound, ethernet 100 Mb is far enough. USB and IDE
(no SATA needed)

is a Geforce4MX400 enoigh for playing good enough at doom3 ?
does it do with DirectX9 ?

thanks for your advise
Ciao
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2004 2:30:27 AM

Minimum system requirements? What are you going to do with those? Play at
lowest possible settings?
Bottom line is that MX440 will not cut it for Doom3.
Get a decent video card - at least Radeon 8500 with 128mb RAM (I had it
running slow at medium on 8500 with 64mb). XP2600+ should be fine, but get a
gig of RAM in dual channel if you want decent performance.
Btw, that game is nothing special :(

!