trying to set up SB PCI512

I have an MSI motherboard MS5169 with the versio 3.7 bios. My system
is pretty vanilla AMD K6-2 333Mhz, win 98SE,512MB ram, GEforce2 400MX
AGP video wiith 64MB, and an isa modem, and a SB PCI512 audio. No on
board video or audio. I just up graded to the SB PCI512 and my system
hangs during the 3 games I've tried Thief I, sub command ver 1.08, and
combat flight simulator. Creative labs tells me it's an IRQ conflict
and just move the board until it goes away. They gave me instructions
on how to clean sweep their drivers and reinstall. I've put the card
in all 4 PCI slots and can't fix the problem. My question is after
all of that could the problem be bios settings and if so could someone
give me some directions. Creative in their notestalks about checking
the motherboard PCI IRQ table, but I have al the documentation and
can't find the critter. They also talk about resetting the ECC data
can't find any refence to that in the documentation!!

Dino

go to Start menu..Programs..Accessories..System tools,,System
Information...under hardware resources you want IRQs..that will tell you
where they are...some BIOS allow you to assign specific IRQ's to PCI
slots..if your board will do this it will likely solve the issue.