SCSI Adaptec 2940 "BIOS expand" message

Dear friends, please help!!!

I''m trying to install an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card into my computer with
a MicroStar 6178 Motherboard and an Ambios v. 1.30 (2000). When I plug
the SCSI card in and connect my slide scanner the computer does not
boot and gives a message "BIOS expand" after saying something about
the discs.
Please help!!! There seem to be a conflict between a SCSI card and a
hard disc. Do I need to update the BIOS? I would be very very grateful
for your help.]\

Stanislav
2 answers Last reply
More about scsi adaptec 2940 bios expand message

    I would check the Adaptec web site for info: usually when the card is in, it
    should show its' bios version before you get to the os start.
    What happens if the scanner is disconnected, does still give the same error
    message?

    BBoppie

    "EnvironArtist" <stanislav_shmelev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dear friends, please help!!!
    >
    > I''m trying to install an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card into my computer with
    > a MicroStar 6178 Motherboard and an Ambios v. 1.30 (2000). When I plug
    > the SCSI card in and connect my slide scanner the computer does not
    > boot and gives a message "BIOS expand" after saying something about
    > the discs.
    > Please help!!! There seem to be a conflict between a SCSI card and a
    > hard disc. Do I need to update the BIOS? I would be very very grateful
    > for your help.]\
    >
    > Stanislav
  2. Ditto, same problem. Only with a much newer mobo - P55-65. Help would be nice.

MSI-Microstar BIOS SCSI Adaptec Motherboards