Nvidea GeForce 6800 GTO only with XP Pro and not Media Cen..

I want to have the 256 PCI Express x16 nvidea GeForce 6800 GTO video card in
my new Dell Dimension XPS Series - Gen4. Dell tells me I can only get the
card if I have XP Professional. What gives?

the alternatives, if I insist on getting Media Center 2005 Edition are:

256 PCI Express x16 (DV1/VGA/TV-out) nVidea GeForce 6800 or
256 PCI Express x16 (DV1/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon x850 XT PE

I guess I am cynical but I can't help thinking the alternatives are not as
good as the "Dell recommended", (by the way), Nvidea GeForce 6800 GTO.
Someone on another chat room said there was no driver for the Media Edition.
True? Why not? Please help. My husband will not let go of this and I want to
order the computer!

Throck wrote:
> I want to have the 256 PCI Express x16 nvidea GeForce 6800 GTO video
> card in my new Dell Dimension XPS Series - Gen4. Dell tells me I can
> only get the card if I have XP Professional. the alternatives, if I
> insist on
> getting Media Center 2005 Edition are....

From the looks of it, Dell probably "disqualified" the card you want for
configurations with MCE because it doesn't have TV output. While you might
not care, most people would expect a MCE PC to have one.

--
Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)