novice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

does anybody no of a compatible graphics card capable of playing the latest
games that will fit into a universal agp slot 2x/4x. all i can find is a
raiden 7000 and older wich makes the lowend cards like the raiden 9200 top
of the range. i was hopeing to upgrade to a raiden 9600pro and so on ,but
these cards only seem to fit into an agp 8x slot or a pci express wich i
dont have on my motherboard. would i not benifit if i purchased a modern pci
card like a geforce instead.
help needed please

jeff

I just put an ABIT R9200SE-DT in a computer yesterday. While it can handle
up to 8x it is also compatible with 4x. It uses radeon tech. and has 128mb
memory.
Here is the manufactures website for this card. Scroll down the page to look
under system requirements.
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/graphics/techspec.php?categories=2&model=170
And here is the link for the ATI® Radeon 9600SE
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/graphics/techspec.php?categories=2&model=169
So i think you should be able to upgrade to the card you want.

"novice" <nixxie2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> does anybody no of a compatible graphics card capable of playing the
> latest games that will fit into a universal agp slot 2x/4x. all i can find
> is a raiden 7000 and older wich makes the lowend cards like the raiden
> 9200 top of the range. i was hopeing to upgrade to a raiden 9600pro and
> so on ,but these cards only seem to fit into an agp 8x slot or a pci
> express wich i dont have on my motherboard. would i not benifit if i
> purchased a modern pci card like a geforce instead.
> help needed please

graham

"novice" <nixxie2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> does anybody no of a compatible graphics card capable of playing the
latest
> games that will fit into a universal agp slot 2x/4x. all i can find is a
> raiden 7000 and older wich makes the lowend cards like the raiden 9200 top
> of the range. i was hopeing to upgrade to a raiden 9600pro and so on ,but
> these cards only seem to fit into an agp 8x slot or a pci express wich i
> dont have on my motherboard. would i not benifit if i purchased a modern
pci
> card like a geforce instead.
> help needed please

As far as I know all graphic AGP cards are downwoards compatible, so you
should be able to buy any 8x agp card, it will just work at 4x speed with
your motherboard.

Check the specs for voltage that the AGP slot provides and
the voltage needed by the card. The voltage is lower with
the higher speed AGP and if the mobo can't regulate the
voltage top the lower power, you'll blow the card.
Check the mobo manual and the AGP card specs. If you can't
find the data you need, email the card mfg'r and ask,
they'll know the supported cards.

"Graham" <shootguy2@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| "novice" <nixxie2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > does anybody no of a compatible graphics card capable of
playing the
| latest
| > games that will fit into a universal agp slot 2x/4x. all
i can find is a
| > raiden 7000 and older wich makes the lowend cards like
the raiden 9200 top
| > of the range. i was hopeing to upgrade to a raiden
9600pro and so on ,but
| > these cards only seem to fit into an agp 8x slot or a
pci express wich i
| > dont have on my motherboard. would i not benifit if i
purchased a modern
| pci
| > card like a geforce instead.
| > help needed please
| >

| As far as I know all graphic AGP cards are downwoards
compatible, so you
| should be able to buy any 8x agp card, it will just work
at 4x speed with
| your motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS