Opinions on the NEO Platinum 754 (MS-7030)?

Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
(2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..

Thanks
G Patricks
5 answers Last reply
More about opinions platinum 7030

    Memory can be finicky. If using more than one stick (DDR-400), make
    sure they are the same. I mixed some corsair 512 MB and 256 MB LL RAM
    and could not boot. Worked fine with two 512 MB sticks.

    Mike

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:01:44 -0400, Icer
    <G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote:

    >Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
    >in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
    >(2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..
    >
    >Thanks
    >G Patricks
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Thanks, I went to the MSI site, saw that Crucial (my 1st choice) was
    compatible, went to Crucials site and bought 2 512MB sticks..

    GP

    >On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:59:31 -0600, Michael W <whitehme@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Memory can be finicky. If using more than one stick (DDR-400), make
    >sure they are the same. I mixed some corsair 512 MB and 256 MB LL RAM
    >and could not boot. Worked fine with two 512 MB sticks.
    >

    >Mike
    >
    >On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:01:44 -0400, Icer
    ><G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
    >>in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
    >>(2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>G Patricks
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Icer" <G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote in message
    > Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
    > in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
    > (2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..
    >
    > Thanks
    > G Patricks

    I've got one of these boards. Installed with an a64 3400+ and 1 gig
    (512*2) crucial ballistix RAM. It installed just fine and this was the
    first PC I put together from parts. I do have a problem with my Audigy2
    conflicting with something, but I don't know if this is a MSI or a Creative
    problem. I ended up pulling the audigy2 and using onboard sound. The
    software included just has drivers and some MSI specific utilities. This
    board is well known for reporting weird CPU temps. I never had that
    problem, I think it was fixed in the newer versions of the BIOS.

    If you want to read some doom and gloom messages the problems people have
    with this board. Check out the MSI HQ User Community Forum.

    http://msihq.designlab.info/board.php?boardid=28&sid=

    -rc23
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Installed in in an Antec 1080 case, everything went flawlwssly. What a
    sweet setup! This board has enough SATA ports to start a disk farm! It
    actaully CAME WITH Sata data cables (ASUS wake UP!) and round IDE
    cables. Seems that Antec has upgraded their PS as they now have SATA
    power connectors built in.. very nice.

    All in all an very happy with this system, most likely my next board
    will be an MSI...

    G PAtricks

    >On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:41:50 -0500, "rc23" <noemail@foryou.com> wrote:
    >"Icer" <G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote in message
    >> Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
    >> in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
    >> (2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> G Patricks
    >
    >I've got one of these boards. Installed with an a64 3400+ and 1 gig
    >(512*2) crucial ballistix RAM. It installed just fine and this was the
    >first PC I put together from parts. I do have a problem with my Audigy2
    >conflicting with something, but I don't know if this is a MSI or a Creative
    >problem. I ended up pulling the audigy2 and using onboard sound. The
    >software included just has drivers and some MSI specific utilities. This
    >board is well known for reporting weird CPU temps. I never had that
    >problem, I think it was fixed in the newer versions of the BIOS.
    >
    >If you want to read some doom and gloom messages the problems people have
    >with this board. Check out the MSI HQ User Community Forum.
    >
    >http://msihq.designlab.info/board.php?boardid=28&sid=
    >
    >-rc23

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Any problems with XMS4400 TWINX? TIA..

    JR

    "Michael W" <whitehme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Memory can be finicky. If using more than one stick (DDR-400), make
    > sure they are the same. I mixed some corsair 512 MB and 256 MB LL RAM
    > and could not boot. Worked fine with two 512 MB sticks.
    >

    > Mike
    >
    > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:01:44 -0400, Icer
    > <G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Due to my supplier running out of 3500+ (939) CPUs and my client being
    > >in a rush I switched to a 3400+ (754) with this mobo and Crucial
    > >(2x512) RAM. Just curious about any problems thaqt may pop up..
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >G Patricks

MSI-Microstar Platinum Motherboards