DVD and/or CD Burner?

Hi all.., Is there a DVD and/or CD burner that will slip into the DVD/CD ROM
slot on a Gateway 9300 Pro running XP Pro with Nero already installed?
Thanks..!!
4 answers Last reply
More about burner

    Hello

    Well ask Dell Tech Support

    Al

    81mm wrote:

    > Hi all.., Is there a DVD and/or CD burner that will slip into the DVD/CD ROM
    > slot on a Gateway 9300 Pro running XP Pro with Nero already installed?
    > Thanks..!!

    Just about any internal DVD/CD burner will "fit" into the slot BUT your
    problem will be whether or not your existing Nero software supports the
    hardware that you install there.

    Most of the "new" PC's that come packaged with burners these days have
    limited functionality and worse yet, often will only work with the
    original hardware that was shipped with the PC.

    You need to see if your version of Nero supports other drives, you could
    check on that with Gateway or the manufacturer of the drive itself.

    Lastly, why not use the software that comes with the new burner instead?

    Fred

    81mm wrote:
    > Hi all.., Is there a DVD and/or CD burner that will slip into the DVD/CD ROM
    > slot on a Gateway 9300 Pro running XP Pro with Nero already installed?
    > Thanks..!!

    Why would he ask Dell when he has a Gateway??

    "Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Well ask Dell Tech Support
    >
    > Al
    >

    > 81mm wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all.., Is there a DVD and/or CD burner that will slip into the DVD/CD
    ROM
    > > slot on a Gateway 9300 Pro running XP Pro with Nero already installed?
    > > Thanks..!!

    Sorry Al the boys jumped you.., BUTTTTT (smile)!! You guys are great, and
    yes I have posted question to Gateway.., no answer yet!! Just thought I'd
    back stop the question here.., and glad I did..!!

DVD Burner CD-Rom Windows XP