I recently upgraded my graphics card (& all associated drivers) from a 64Mb
GeForce2 MX to a 128Mb Radeon 9200SE. Ever since, my PC has been running
much slower, and there is frequent distortion to any sound that may be
playing. Is this poor performance likely to be due to the (so called)
upgrade?
Please could someone provide me with a soloution to return my PC to its
former glory.

Many thanks.

Did you remove all drivers and associated software from the previous card
before removing it from the system?

r.

"Turbo" <Turbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my graphics card (& all associated drivers) from a 64Mb
> GeForce2 MX to a 128Mb Radeon 9200SE. Ever since, my PC has been running
> much slower, and there is frequent distortion to any sound that may be
> playing. Is this poor performance likely to be due to the (so called)
> upgrade?
> Please could someone provide me with a soloution to return my PC to its
> former glory.
>
> Many thanks.

Try this file to ensure all nvidia files have been removed:-
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/Nasty-File-Remover.shtml

Reboot and then uninstall the ATI Radion reboot and then reinstall.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.
"Turbo" <Turbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my graphics card (& all associated drivers) from a 64Mb
> GeForce2 MX to a 128Mb Radeon 9200SE. Ever since, my PC has been running
> much slower, and there is frequent distortion to any sound that may be
> playing. Is this poor performance likely to be due to the (so called)
> upgrade?
> Please could someone provide me with a soloution to return my PC to its
> former glory.
>
> Many thanks.

"Turbo" <Turbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my graphics card (& all associated drivers) from a 64Mb
> GeForce2 MX to a 128Mb Radeon 9200SE. Ever since, my PC has been running
> much slower, and there is frequent distortion to any sound that may be
> playing. Is this poor performance likely to be due to the (so called)
> upgrade?
> Please could someone provide me with a soloution to return my PC to its
> former glory.
>
> Many thanks.

To troubleshoot open dxdiag. Click Start>Run, type dxdiag and press Enter.
On the Sound Tab, see the notes for any issues. Hit "Test Directsound" to
test the sound and try decreasing the hardware acceleration on the same
page.