Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

msi 875P NEO-FIS2R anygood?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2004 1:36:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

Hi,

Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What experiences have
you had with it? I am stuck between this board and the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe.
Which would be better?

Thanks

RC
August 29, 2004 7:37:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

I do not have the specific board you mentioned, but I do have the
865pe Neo2 FIS2R. It was between that or an ASUS. Since I already
had another MSI, I tried this one. I have a 2.6Ghz P4, 1GB Kingston
HyperX, ATI AIW 9000Pro, 2 HDD, 2 Optical. It works great.

R. Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What experiences have
> you had with it? I am stuck between this board and the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe.
> Which would be better?
>
> Thanks
>
> RC
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2004 5:56:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

> Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
> experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
> the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?

I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes made
by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)

go Asus

@+
Aurélien
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 1, 2004 10:30:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

"Aurélien" <no_laurea_spam@iname.com> wrote in message
news:4134676c$0$13684$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
> > Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
> > experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
> > the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?
>
> I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes
made
> by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)
>
> go Asus
>
> @+
> Aurélien
>
>

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies!

Anyone else have issues good or bad with this board? I am leaning towards it
pretty heavily as the ASUS have problems with Antec power supplies and I
will be using a Antec 430 True Power so I am leary about an ASUS board. I
would like to get as many opinions as possible to make an educated decision!

Thanks,

RC
September 2, 2004 6:39:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

I am running an Antec True Power 550 with it tweaked just a bit. This
board and the RAM like a voltage boost to 2.7v. It will let you OC
quite easily. I can't speak for ASUS as do not own one. Checkout
this forum. Many have questions and concerns.
http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=10

R. Chamberlain wrote:
> "Aurélien" <no_laurea_spam@iname.com> wrote in message
> news:4134676c$0$13684$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
>
>>>Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
>>>experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
>>>the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?
>>
>>I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes
>
> made
>
>>by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)
>>
>>go Asus
>>
>>@+
>>Aurélien
>>
>>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the replies!
>
> Anyone else have issues good or bad with this board? I am leaning towards it
> pretty heavily as the ASUS have problems with Antec power supplies and I
> will be using a Antec 430 True Power so I am leary about an ASUS board. I
> would like to get as many opinions as possible to make an educated decision!
>
> Thanks,
>
> RC
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2004 8:00:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

The differance between the 865pe chip and the 875p chip is NOTHING if you
get a asus/msi board, the 865pe core is a 875core with the PAT turned off,
asus/msi allows you turn it on in the bios, so... if you wanna spend $$$ for
something you can get cheeper, thats up to you. MSI 865pe neo2 or ASUS
p8p-800 delulxe would be a wiser choice, as for which of these 2 is better?
The msi has a nb fan with BLINKING lights, the asus has a heatsink, msi
board is red, asus is ugly brown... i went with the 'ice' factor.
!