msi 875P NEO-FIS2R anygood?

Hi,

Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What experiences have
you had with it? I am stuck between this board and the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe.
Which would be better?

Thanks

RC
5 answers Last reply
More about 875p fis2r anygood

    I do not have the specific board you mentioned, but I do have the
    865pe Neo2 FIS2R. It was between that or an ASUS. Since I already
    had another MSI, I tried this one. I have a 2.6Ghz P4, 1GB Kingston
    HyperX, ATI AIW 9000Pro, 2 HDD, 2 Optical. It works great.

    R. Chamberlain wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What experiences have
    > you had with it? I am stuck between this board and the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe.
    > Which would be better?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > RC

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    > Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
    > experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
    > the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?

    I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes made
    by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)

    go Asus

    @+
    Aurélien
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Aurélien" <no_laurea_spam@iname.com> wrote in message
    > > Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
    > > experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
    > > the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?
    >
    > I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes
    made
    > by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)
    >
    > go Asus
    >
    > @+
    > Aurélien

    Hi all,

    Thanks for the replies!

    Anyone else have issues good or bad with this board? I am leaning towards it
    pretty heavily as the ASUS have problems with Antec power supplies and I
    will be using a Antec 430 True Power so I am leary about an ASUS board. I
    would like to get as many opinions as possible to make an educated decision!

    Thanks,

    RC
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    I am running an Antec True Power 550 with it tweaked just a bit. This
    board and the RAM like a voltage boost to 2.7v. It will let you OC
    quite easily. I can't speak for ASUS as do not own one. Checkout
    this forum. Many have questions and concerns.
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=10

    R. Chamberlain wrote:
    > "Aurélien" <no_laurea_spam@iname.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Wondering what people think of the msi 875P NEO-FIS2R? What
    >>>experiences have you had with it? I am stuck between this board and
    >>>the ASUS P8C-800 Deluxe. Which would be better?
    >>
    >>I have it and had a lot of difficulties getting it run fine (2 changes
    >
    > made
    >
    >>by my local dealer - bad MB, memory issues, stranges hangs at reboot ..)
    >>
    >>go Asus
    >>
    >>@+
    >>Aurélien
    >>

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Thanks for the replies!
    >
    > Anyone else have issues good or bad with this board? I am leaning towards it
    > pretty heavily as the ASUS have problems with Antec power supplies and I
    > will be using a Antec 430 True Power so I am leary about an ASUS board. I
    > would like to get as many opinions as possible to make an educated decision!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > RC

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    The differance between the 865pe chip and the 875p chip is NOTHING if you
    get a asus/msi board, the 865pe core is a 875core with the PAT turned off,
    asus/msi allows you turn it on in the bios, so... if you wanna spend $$$ for
    something you can get cheeper, thats up to you. MSI 865pe neo2 or ASUS
    p8p-800 delulxe would be a wiser choice, as for which of these 2 is better?
    The msi has a nb fan with BLINKING lights, the asus has a heatsink, msi
    board is red, asus is ugly brown... i went with the 'ice' factor.

MSI-Microstar Asus Motherboards