K8T Neo-FIS2R BIOS Error

I've just flashed the BIOS to version 1.8 because of problems with 1394 Net
Adapter not functioning properly. I used MSI Live Update for this.
Everything appears to be ok apart from when I boot up I get "NO BIOS
INSTALLED" message..The PC then boots normally and MSI Live Monitor shows
the correct BIOS ( 1.8) .. Is this anything to worry about ? I followed the
MSI instructions carefully before flashing the BIOS.
2 answers Last reply
More about fis2r bios error

    "Bobins" <bobins@nthellonearthworld.com> wrote in

    > I've just flashed the BIOS to version 1.8 because of problems with
    > 1394 Net Adapter not functioning properly. I used MSI Live Update for
    > this. Everything appears to be ok apart from when I boot up I get "NO
    > BIOS INSTALLED" message..The PC then boots normally and MSI Live
    > Monitor shows the correct BIOS ( 1.8) .. Is this anything to worry
    > about ? I followed the MSI instructions carefully before flashing the
    > BIOS.

    Hello,

    does this message show up, when the SATA controller tries to find
    harddisks ?
    Then this would be normal, because the controller says "NO BIOS INSTALLED"
    if it can't find any disks attached to it.

    greets Tareq
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    >> I've just flashed the BIOS to version 1.8 because of problems with
    >> 1394 Net Adapter not functioning properly. I used MSI Live Update for
    >> this. Everything appears to be ok apart from when I boot up I get "NO
    >> BIOS INSTALLED" message..The PC then boots normally and MSI Live
    >> Monitor shows the correct BIOS ( 1.8) .. Is this anything to worry
    >> about ? I followed the MSI instructions carefully before flashing the
    >> BIOS.
    >>

    > Hello,
    >
    > does this message show up, when the SATA controller tries to find
    > harddisks ?
    > Then this would be normal, because the controller says "NO BIOS INSTALLED"
    > if it can't find any disks attached to it.
    >
    > greets Tareq

    Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I think this is when the message shows. I have 2 SATA disks in a RAID 0
    array. They appear to be functioning normally.
    I just worried as the message never appeared under the old BIOS.
    Cheers.

MSI-Microstar BIOS Motherboards