msi-6714

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 31, 2004 11:10:16 PM

Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's site.
the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @ 333, by
auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my bios date
is 5/*/2003.

More about : msi 6714

August 31, 2004 11:22:26 PM

Also, my board looks like this:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pr...

Versus this:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845...

Should I judge an mb by its picture?

"barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's site.
> the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @ 333, by
> auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my bios date
> is 5/*/2003.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2004 8:25:40 PM

barry, i hate to say this but updating a bios is not for noobs, either find
a geek friend or dont do it at all, when it comes to the bios, if it aint
broke dont fix it.

as for your fsb question, the quick answer is no, theres a *but* cuz it can
with oc, therefore, no. Never judge your mobo by the picture, look down
inbetween the pci slots, there should be a MSI-xxxx # down there, thats how
you tell what kind of mobo you have.

"barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:p rKdnTENuuq2lajcRVn-jQ@adelphia.com...
> Also, my board looks like this:
>
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pr...
>
> Versus this:
>
> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845...
>
> Should I judge an mb by its picture?
>
> "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's
>> site. the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @
>> 333, by auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my
>> bios date is 5/*/2003.

September 4, 2004 11:54:49 PM

Thanks for advice!
No worries about updates done it many times.
The point I am trying to make here is Both boards are same number, yet
dramatically different, the obvious telltale sign is the appearance...
Does anybody from MSI frequent this ng?!
I seem to have gone down the middle of two popular variations, there is a
note on the website about models varying in different areas (demographics?)
I would like to know exactly what i am dealing with.
Is there software listing fsb maximum that i do not have with msi's cd?
(thier software utilities doesnt tell me this).
oh, the version at boot is 1.2 (post) the board is 1.0, like the other
variants.
I'm a six year newbie!

"llamaboiz" <llamaboiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> barry, i hate to say this but updating a bios is not for noobs, either
> find a geek friend or dont do it at all, when it comes to the bios, if it
> aint broke dont fix it.
>
> as for your fsb question, the quick answer is no, theres a *but* cuz it
> can with oc, therefore, no. Never judge your mobo by the picture, look
> down inbetween the pci slots, there should be a MSI-xxxx # down there,
> thats how you tell what kind of mobo you have.
>

> "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:p rKdnTENuuq2lajcRVn-jQ@adelphia.com...
>> Also, my board looks like this:
>>
>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pr...
>>
>> Versus this:
>>
>> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845...
>>
>> Should I judge an mb by its picture?
>>
>> "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>> Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's
>>> site. the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @
>>> 333, by auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my
>>> bios date is 5/*/2003.

September 13, 2004 2:28:28 AM

I found answer to my own question if anybody has similar problems. If you
bought usa, go to usa site for msi!

!