msi-6714

Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's site.
the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @ 333, by
auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my bios date
is 5/*/2003.
4 answers Last reply
More about 6714

    Also, my board looks like this:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=590

    Versus this:

    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845GVM-L&class=mb

    Should I judge an mb by its picture?

    "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's site.
    > the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @ 333, by
    > auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my bios date
    > is 5/*/2003.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    barry, i hate to say this but updating a bios is not for noobs, either find
    a geek friend or dont do it at all, when it comes to the bios, if it aint
    broke dont fix it.

    as for your fsb question, the quick answer is no, theres a *but* cuz it can
    with oc, therefore, no. Never judge your mobo by the picture, look down
    inbetween the pci slots, there should be a MSI-xxxx # down there, thats how
    you tell what kind of mobo you have.

    > Also, my board looks like this:
    >
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=590
    >
    > Versus this:
    >
    > http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845GVM-L&class=mb
    >
    > Should I judge an mb by its picture?
    >
    > "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's
    >> site. the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @
    >> 333, by auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my
    >> bios date is 5/*/2003.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Thanks for advice!
    No worries about updates done it many times.
    The point I am trying to make here is Both boards are same number, yet
    dramatically different, the obvious telltale sign is the appearance...
    Does anybody from MSI frequent this ng?!
    I seem to have gone down the middle of two popular variations, there is a
    note on the website about models varying in different areas (demographics?)
    I would like to know exactly what i am dealing with.
    Is there software listing fsb maximum that i do not have with msi's cd?
    (thier software utilities doesnt tell me this).
    oh, the version at boot is 1.2 (post) the board is 1.0, like the other
    variants.
    I'm a six year newbie!

    "llamaboiz" <llamaboiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > barry, i hate to say this but updating a bios is not for noobs, either
    > find a geek friend or dont do it at all, when it comes to the bios, if it
    > aint broke dont fix it.
    >
    > as for your fsb question, the quick answer is no, theres a *but* cuz it
    > can with oc, therefore, no. Never judge your mobo by the picture, look
    > down inbetween the pci slots, there should be a MSI-xxxx # down there,
    > thats how you tell what kind of mobo you have.
    >

    > "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Also, my board looks like this:
    >>
    >> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=590
    >>
    >> Versus this:
    >>
    >> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=845GVM-L&class=mb
    >>
    >> Should I judge an mb by its picture?
    >>
    >> "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>> Some mainboard questions.My bios does not match what i find on msi's
    >>> site. the original board was also limitied on ram speed, i am running @
    >>> 333, by auto detect. Also is it the version that could go 800mhz fsb? my
    >>> bios date is 5/*/2003.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    I found answer to my own question if anybody has similar problems. If you
    bought usa, go to usa site for msi!

    > Thanks for advice!
    > No worries about updates done it many times.
    > The point I am trying to make here is Both boards are same number, yet
    > dramatically different, the obvious telltale sign is the appearance...
    > Does anybody from MSI frequent this ng?!
    > I seem to have gone down the middle of two popular variations, there is a
    > note on the website about models varying in different areas
    > (demographics?)
    > I would like to know exactly what i am dealing with.
    > Is there software listing fsb maximum that i do not have with msi's cd?
    > (thier software utilities doesnt tell me this).
    > oh, the version at boot is 1.2 (post) the board is 1.0, like the other
    > variants.
    > I'm a six year newbie!
    >
    > "llamaboiz" <llamaboiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> barry, i hate to say this but updating a bios is not for noobs, either
    >> find a geek friend or dont do it at all, when it comes to the bios, if it
    >> aint broke dont fix it.
    >>
    >> as for your fsb question, the quick answer is no, theres a *but* cuz it
    >> can with oc, therefore, no. Never judge your mobo by the picture, look
    >> down inbetween the pci slots, there should be a MSI-xxxx # down there,
    >> thats how you tell what kind of mobo you have.
    >>

    >> "barry" <barrygd@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>> Also, my board looks like this:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=590
    >>>
    >>> Versus this: