ntldr is missing error message

February 7, 2005 4:33:03 PM

I have installed a HD to a laptop, because the laptop that use to have it is
damage. I wanna recover the data from that HD, and installed it on another
laptop. This HD have XP Professional and a multi boot part with 98. The error
message that always appears is ntldr is missing. I have tried to copy
ntdetect, ntldr, run fixboot, reinstall the XP, but it doesn't worked.

Could someone has an idea what else I should do??

Thanks

Jerry
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 7, 2005 6:55:59 PM

Hello

Well that's because you just can't move XP OS from one
hardware to the next and right now being that your getting
that erro it won't boot, do the following below

Do a repair install
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341

Al

JERRY wrote:

> I have installed a HD to a laptop, because the laptop that use to have it is
> damage. I wanna recover the data from that HD, and installed it on another
> laptop. This HD have XP Professional and a multi boot part with 98. The error
> message that always appears is ntldr is missing. I have tried to copy
> ntdetect, ntldr, run fixboot, reinstall the XP, but it doesn't worked.
>
> Could someone has an idea what else I should do??
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry
February 8, 2005 12:17:04 PM

Thanks for your response. I tried already whats on the article which is an
repairing installation on the current installation, but the error keeps
appearing.

Some other idea??

"Alvin Brown" wrote:

> Hello
>
> Well that's because you just can't move XP OS from one
> hardware to the next and right now being that your getting
> that erro it won't boot, do the following below
>

> Do a repair install
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341
>

> Al
>

> JERRY wrote:
>
> > I have installed a HD to a laptop, because the laptop that use to have it is
> > damage. I wanna recover the data from that HD, and installed it on another
> > laptop. This HD have XP Professional and a multi boot part with 98. The error
> > message that always appears is ntldr is missing. I have tried to copy
> > ntdetect, ntldr, run fixboot, reinstall the XP, but it doesn't worked.
> >
> > Could someone has an idea what else I should do??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jerry

a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 11:20:10 PM

Jerry, you could try using the Recovery Console. You want to use
the Bootcfg command. Use the first three
bootcfg /add bootcdg /rebuild and bootcfg /scan
Probably bootcfg /rebuild will work. For more info
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314058

"JERRY" <JERRY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response. I tried already whats on the article which is an
> repairing installation on the current installation, but the error keeps
> appearing.
>
> Some other idea??
>
> "Alvin Brown" wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Well that's because you just can't move XP OS from one
>> hardware to the next and right now being that your getting
>> that erro it won't boot, do the following below
>>

>> Do a repair install
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341
>>

>> Al
>>

>> JERRY wrote:
>>
>> > I have installed a HD to a laptop, because the laptop that use to have
>> > it is
>> > damage. I wanna recover the data from that HD, and installed it on
>> > another
>> > laptop. This HD have XP Professional and a multi boot part with 98. The
>> > error
>> > message that always appears is ntldr is missing. I have tried to copy
>> > ntdetect, ntldr, run fixboot, reinstall the XP, but it doesn't worked.
>> >
>> > Could someone has an idea what else I should do??
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Jerry

February 8, 2005 11:20:11 PM

Thanks for the response Barry

I already try it and it doesn't worked.

Anymore ideas ??

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Jerry, you could try using the Recovery Console. You want to use
> the Bootcfg command. Use the first three
> bootcfg /add bootcdg /rebuild and bootcfg /scan
> Probably bootcfg /rebuild will work. For more info
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314058
>

> "JERRY" <JERRY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response. I tried already whats on the article which is an
> > repairing installation on the current installation, but the error keeps
> > appearing.
> >
> > Some other idea??
> >
> > "Alvin Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> Well that's because you just can't move XP OS from one
> >> hardware to the next and right now being that your getting
> >> that erro it won't boot, do the following below
> >>

> >> Do a repair install
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341
> >>

> >> Al

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2005 1:57:39 AM

ok, all you really need is to get the data of the drive, believe thats how i
read it.

slave the drive onto a different system and just pull the files off.
!