K8N Neo Platinum: What software to install for Network Acc..

Hello,

I have a K8N Neo Platinum which is running great, except for a small
quirk with an online game I play, Dark Age of Camelot.

I've seen my problem posted about and a solution posted on a web
forum, and the solution requires accessing the Web-based Network
Access Manger. When I try this from the Hardware Manager (network
card) in WinXP Home it says I must install this, but when I say I
want to it says it can not find the setup.exe.

Fine, I'll download it or install it from CD if I can find out exactly
what program it is. I've searched for Forceware on the nvidia and MSI
sites with little luck. The nVidia site leads to what seems to be just
graphic drivers, and having a Radeon 9800 Pro I don't feel like
messing with that until I'm sure I've got the right program.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide with finding this program.

Thank you.

Don
--
Don Reese

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Don Reese" <dhreese@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a K8N Neo Platinum which is running great, except for a small
> quirk with an online game I play, Dark Age of Camelot.
>
> I've seen my problem posted about and a solution posted on a web
> forum, and the solution requires accessing the Web-based Network
> Access Manger. When I try this from the Hardware Manager (network
> card) in WinXP Home it says I must install this, but when I say I
> want to it says it can not find the setup.exe.
>
> Fine, I'll download it or install it from CD if I can find out exactly
> what program it is. I've searched for Forceware on the nvidia and MSI
> sites with little luck. The nVidia site leads to what seems to be just
> graphic drivers, and having a Radeon 9800 Pro I don't feel like
> messing with that until I'm sure I've got the right program.
>
> I appreciate any help anyone can provide with finding this program.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Don
> --
> Don Reese

The firewall software is on the MSI K8N install disc and it is also included
in the driver package if you downloaded it from the MSI webpage or nVidia
webpage. I don't have my K8N Neo install cd handy so I can't tell you the
actual diretory path. Anyhow look in the directory for the WinXP nforce3
drivers and there will be a subdirectory called "Firewall". This is the
directory when i extracted the drive package from the MSI webpage....

....\NF3_CK8S\Win2K-XP\Firewall

The setup file will be in there.

Oh yea... on the NVidia webpage for downloading drivers. You need to
select "Platform/NForce Drivers >>> Unified Driver >>> WinXP". That will
lead you to the nvidia nforce shipset drivers.

Here's a good web forum for the K8N

MSI User Community Forum
http://msihq.designlab.info/board.php?boardid=28&sid=