Is this PC suitable for Mame Cabinet ?

Specs :

Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade VGA card
from Ultimarc.com)

40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive

48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

My feeling are that it is more than suitable...... but I want to ask before
spending my money.

The PC is going to go into a mame cabinet. It will be running Mame and a few
other emulators.

Hitesh
2 answers Last reply
More about suitable mame cabinet

    HP wrote:
    > Specs :
    >
    > Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)
    >
    > Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    >
    > Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade
    > VGA card from Ultimarc.com)

    Assuming that this is a Dell Dimension 3000 , they don't have an AGP slot so
    you would need to use a PCI graphics card. Is the Arcade VGA agp only?

    > 40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive

    Not a huge amount of space if you want CHDs on there , and console and
    computer emulators can use up a lot of space as well.

    --
    Alex

    Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
    Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.sffh.co.uk
    www.ebayfaq.co.uk

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:24:06 +0000 (UTC), "HP"
    <NoEmailPlease@Email.Com> wrote:

    >Specs :
    >
    > Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)
    >
    > Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    >
    > Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade VGA card
    >from Ultimarc.com)
    >
    > 40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive
    >
    > 48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
    >
    >My feeling are that it is more than suitable...... but I want to ask before
    >spending my money.
    >
    >The PC is going to go into a mame cabinet. It will be running Mame and a few
    >other emulators.
    >
    >Hitesh

    Sounds not bad.
    Me is just thinking the HD *might* be a bit too small, as the current
    Mame Set has OVER 40 GB...if you also want the CHD´s...

    Greetz
    PS: My "Mame Machine" is the Acer Aspire 1714 SMi...

Video Games