Is this PC suitable for Mame Cabinet ?

hp

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Specs :

Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade VGA card
from Ultimarc.com)

40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive

48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

My feeling are that it is more than suitable...... but I want to ask before
spending my money.

The PC is going to go into a mame cabinet. It will be running Mame and a few
other emulators.

Hitesh

HP wrote:
> Specs :
>
> Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)
>
> Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
>
> Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade
> VGA card from Ultimarc.com)

Assuming that this is a Dell Dimension 3000 , they don't have an AGP slot so
you would need to use a PCI graphics card. Is the Arcade VGA agp only?

> 40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive

Not a huge amount of space if you want CHDs on there , and console and
computer emulators can use up a lot of space as well.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:24:06 +0000 (UTC), "HP"
<NoEmailPlease@Email.Com> wrote:

>Specs :
>
> Intel® Celeron® D Processor (2.66 GHz, 256kB L2 cache and 533 FSB)
>
> Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
>
> Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 (To be replaced by Arcade VGA card
>from Ultimarc.com)
>
> 40GB (7,200 rpm) IDE Hard Drive
>
> 48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
>
>My feeling are that it is more than suitable...... but I want to ask before
>spending my money.
>
>The PC is going to go into a mame cabinet. It will be running Mame and a few
>other emulators.
>
>Hitesh

Sounds not bad.
Me is just thinking the HD *might* be a bit too small, as the current
Mame Set has OVER 40 GB...if you also want the CHD´s...

Greetz
PS: My "Mame Machine" is the Acer Aspire 1714 SMi...