Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Trust Combi Scan USB 19200 under Windows XP

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • USB
  • Windows XP
a b \ Driver
February 8, 2005 4:35:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.computer.drivers.wanted,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.os.ms-windows.misc (More info?)

Hello,
Recently, I switched from my old system with Win98 to a new system
running WinXP as OS. I was pretty disappointed to find out, that Trust
doesn't offer a WinXP driver for their Combi Scan USB 19200, a scanner
that I own and wanted to continue using. Others have faced this
problem before me, but I still wasn't able to come up with a solution
after some web and Usenet searches.
Does anybody know of any tweaks or unofficial drivers that will do the
trick? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

More about : trust combi scan usb 19200 windows

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 8, 2005 10:32:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.computer.drivers.wanted,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.os.ms-windows.misc (More info?)

Ralf Hechter spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :

http://tinyurl.com/55jpn

http://download.trust.com/drivers/SCANNER/11255_02.exe

--
Mhzjunkie

Programmer: alt.os.windows-xp
1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
GOTO 1
END
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 8, 2005 10:15:32 PM

Have you tried using Windows 2000 drivers on Windows XP, they may work. You
may receive "driver not signed" messages, just click "Continue".

"Mhzjunkie" <mhzjunkie@hellzbellz.net> wrote in message
> Ralf Hechter spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :
>
>> Hello,
>> Recently, I switched from my old system with Win98 to a new system
>> running WinXP as OS. I was pretty disappointed to find out, that Trust
>> doesn't offer a WinXP driver for their Combi Scan USB 19200, a scanner
>> that I own and wanted to continue using. Others have faced this
>> problem before me, but I still wasn't able to come up with a solution
>> after some web and Usenet searches.
>> Does anybody know of any tweaks or unofficial drivers that will do the
>> trick? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
>

> http://tinyurl.com/55jpn
>

> http://download.trust.com/drivers/SCANNER/11255_02.exe
>

> --
> Mhzjunkie
>
> Programmer: alt.os.windows-xp
> 1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
> GOTO 1
> END

a b \ Driver
February 9, 2005 11:27:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.computer.drivers.wanted,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.os.ms-windows.misc (More info?)

"Mhzjunkie" <mhzjunkie@hellzbellz.net> wrote in message news:<36rpq5F54f72mU1@individual.net>...

> http://tinyurl.com/55jpn
>

> http://download.trust.com/drivers/SCANNER/11255_02.exe

I already tried the more obvious stuff, like using drivers for other
Windows versions, but that doesn't work either.
Looks like I will have to get a new scanner after all...

regards, Ralf
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 9, 2005 11:56:14 PM

In article <ffa23ece.0502090827.2e85bcb9@posting.google.com>, Ralf
Hechter <blackwood@r67.net> writes
>"Mhzjunkie" <mhzjunkie@hellzbellz.net> wrote in message news:<36rpq5F54f72mU1@in
>dividual.net>...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/55jpn
>>
>> http://download.trust.com/drivers/SCANNER/11255_02.exe
>
>I already tried the more obvious stuff, like using drivers for other
>Windows versions, but that doesn't work either.
>Looks like I will have to get a new scanner after all...

I was in a similar situation some time ago - with a scanner that worked
perfectly well but no drivers for XP.
Eventually upgraded reluctantly to an Epson 2400, but it's turned out to
be excellent. And it came with Adobe Photoshop Elements, itself a bonus.

Or can you keep your old 98 system just for scanning?
--
Roger Hunt
Anonymous

Roger Hunt <x@carewg.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<4mT49JAujnCCFw3a@carewg.demon.co.uk>...

> I was in a similar situation some time ago - with a scanner that worked
> perfectly well but no drivers for XP.
> Eventually upgraded reluctantly to an Epson 2400, but it's turned out to
> be excellent. And it came with Adobe Photoshop Elements, itself a bonus.

Yeah, a new scanner wouldn't be totally bad news. The old one was not
very expensive and not that good to start with. But I would have kept
it for another while.

> Or can you keep your old 98 system just for scanning?

Nah, I don't really want to put up with the old OS and the dual boot
just for the scanning. Maybe that's just me...